Options
2»

Comments

• ade7682
    ade7682 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Believer8 said:

anything for insomnia?
    Hi. Hoku means star in Hawaiian where I am from :) My father had his first treatment for folfox and the pump. He had a hard time sleeping, and the onc suggested Melatonin but it did not help. Any suggestions?

ask your oncologist
    Ambien and Lunesta are stronger drugs that might work, but I have no idea if you can take them on chemo. It would be best to stay in communication with your oncologist and his/her nurse and have them prescribe or suggest different medicines until you find one that works. I have terrible insomnia some nights and, unfortunately, Ambien is the only thing I've found that knocks me out, but I'm not the one who has cancer...my husband does, and he hasn't tried anything for sleep yet. Again I don't know if Ambien is ok to take when on chemo. There's lots of meds you can try if your oncologist says they're chemo compatible.
  • Connie43
    Connie43 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    hair loss
    I have not lost my hair, even after 9 treatments. The cold issue with my fingers started as soon as I got home from my first treatment, so husband had to make lunch. Very little naseau, but I took the pills as soon as my stomach started to feel even a little funny. My treatments started at 2 week intervals, and I had the pump the next 2 days. I'm on 3 week intervals now. Worse thing has been constipation, so I take Miralax and Colace daily.
  • Connie43
    Options
    hair loss
    I have not lost my hair, even after 9 treatments. The cold issue with my fingers started as soon as I got home from my first treatment, so husband had to make lunch. Very little naseau, but I took the pills as soon as my stomach started to feel even a little funny. My treatments started at 2 week intervals, and I had the pump the next 2 days. I'm on 3 week intervals now. Worse thing has been constipation, so I take Miralax and Colace daily.
  • Connie43
    Options
    hair loss
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I didn't do chemo, but just want to tell you I'm praying it goes well for you.

*hugs*
    Gail