Dear one - you have come to the right place. Here you will find sisters
    who will love you, support you, listen to whatever you need to say,share
    experiences and give any advice you seek. Sisters who are compassionate,
    empathetic, intelligent and they have walked this path themselves. Oh,
    and the cyber hugs are terrific. The only advice I can add is when you
    get a tx plan,share it and believe me someone on the board will have been
    through it. I didn't join this group until I was passed my surgery and
    chemo and it sure would have been wonderful to have these ladies here who
    could have answered my questions about what I was going through with my side
    effects, emotions, treatment and fears. Keep us posted and ask questions and
    know you are cared for, supported and loved and most of all you are
    prayed for.

Teresa

So, so sorry you have to be here, but welcome
    You have gotten a lot of great advice here already. My best advice would be to get all the info you can gather, and then take each step one at a time--don't think of the next few months or year to come. Just think about today and what has to be done today. If you're doing chemo, just take it one round at a time. Same with surgery.

This forum is a great source of hope, comfort, joy, good advice and encouragement. Come here often--even if it's to vent and complain like you've never done before. We all "get it" here and we can help.

Hugs, Renee
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

So, so sorry you have to be here, but welcome
    You have gotten a lot of great advice here already. My best advice would be to get all the info you can gather, and then take each step one at a time--don't think of the next few months or year to come. Just think about today and what has to be done today. If you're doing chemo, just take it one round at a time. Same with surgery.

This forum is a great source of hope, comfort, joy, good advice and encouragement. Come here often--even if it's to vent and complain like you've never done before. We all "get it" here and we can help.

Hugs, Renee

Welcome to a wonderful site
    Welcome to a wonderful site of caring and informative people.
    Sorry you had to be here but glad you found us.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • lccollins
    lccollins Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Just diagnosed...
    I have to say that I am overwhelmed and humbled by the responses of love and support! Thank you so much to everyone. I will see the oncologist today @ 5 and I feel more empowered already from your suggestions and information. Again, thank you all, and Blessings to you. You too are all in my thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted. Linda :)
  • iluvmykids
    iluvmykids Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome
    I was recently diagnosed too, so I completely understand. The only advice I can give (and someone already mentioned it) be sure to take someone or two with you, because there is so much information they give you, talk about, etc. that you will only hear half of it.

This is a great place, under the circumstances, with lots of love support and prayers for you along with shared experiences.

Hugs and prayers.
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Welcome
    I was recently diagnosed too, so I completely understand. The only advice I can give (and someone already mentioned it) be sure to take someone or two with you, because there is so much information they give you, talk about, etc. that you will only hear half of it.

This is a great place, under the circumstances, with lots of love support and prayers for you along with shared experiences.

Hugs and prayers.

Welcome
    I can't add anything to the advice already given, but know you will be thought of, prayed for and supported through this site. Wonderful Women and a few Wonderful Men, too.

Best of Luck.

Chickadee
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Hi welcome. We will be a
    Hi welcome. We will be a great support to you during this scary time. By the size you stated it sounds like it is not too big which is good. I also had invasive ductual carsinoma but it was larger than yours (I think it was 3.5cm)
    I strongly suggest to keep a binder with dividers so you can keep all your reports and other papers neat and easy to get look at or tote with you to doc. if need be. I still check back to read and to also read my journal that I kept during treatment. I am 8 months post chemo. DX was 1yr ago this past June, had surgery middle of aug...then chemo.
    If you have any questions just post them and we'll all be there for you.
    Hugs,
    Annette

Hi and welcome! I know that
    Hi and welcome! I know that my husband and I always took a notebook and wrote a lot of what was said to us down. I know some pink sisters even took a tape recorder.

So much is thrown at us, that it is hard to grasp all of it.

I am wishing you the best of luck!

Lex
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Welcome to a wonderful site
    Welcome to a wonderful site of caring and informative people.
    Sorry you had to be here but glad you found us.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Welcome! We are all here to
    Welcome! We are all here to help you in anyway that we can. I am very sorry that you found us because you have bc, but, keep posting and keep us updated on how you are doing.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    Options

Welcome
    I can't add anything to the advice already given, but know you will be thought of, prayed for and supported through this site. Wonderful Women and a few Wonderful Men, too.

Best of Luck.

Chickadee

sorry you needed to come here....
    welcome! This is the place nobody wanted to join. I am fairly new here. I've gotten a lot of comfort, support and advise from the wise women survivors that post on this board. I'm just about a month ahead of you, IDC 2 cm. stage 2, ER/PR-/HER2+, 0/5 nodes. Just had my second chemo.

I was terrified and angry at diagnosis. It is indeed overwhelming! Why me? I've had 6 surgeries and I am on to treatment. It is a little rough sometimes, but we must fight this beast with all of our energy.

You are amongst kindred spirits here, welcome!

hugs, pp
  • lccollins
    Options

A few more suggestions
    First, as Mollieb told you, buy immediately Dr Susan Love's Breast Book, 5th Edition. It will explain your tests, your type of cancer, your options, and answer many questions that you have today and that you will have in the future.

Start today, write down on paper or type in your computer, any question or concern that pops into your head. The day that you will see your doctor bring two copies of your questions. One will be for the doctor and one will be for you.

Record on a calendar every visit, every test for future reference.

Get a couple business cards of each doctor and keep one set in your purse or enter ALL information (doctor's name, phone, address, e=mail, Fax) in your cell phone. Make sure you have another set at home and that your family knows where they are. Some doctors have difficult names to spell. This way you can refer to your set of cards or your cell phone for the data on your doctor. You are going to be asked this information many times.

Do not be afraid to ask your sisters questions or reveal your feelings. We have all walked the road and we can truly relate to you. Only a sister knows and understands another sister. Only a sister is truly compassionate.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Dear Different Ballgame:)
    Thanks so much for the great advice! I followed it today and entered all my Doctors into my cell. I also started a file and a calendar to help me keep track of things. I plan to order the book you suggested as well. I have met with the oncologist and I will meet with the surgeon next week. The oncologist suggested chemo first to try to shrink the tumor as it is quite large, he thinks larger than reported on the mamo, and determine then which surgery option. Chemo will be 8 treatments every two weeks. As so many have reminded me here, this is going to be a long and difficult journey. I appreciate so much your words of wisdom. Thank you so much again. Linda.
  • lccollins
    Options
    gami43 said:

Dear one - you have come to
    Dear one - you have come to the right place. Here you will find sisters
    who will love you, support you, listen to whatever you need to say,share
    experiences and give any advice you seek. Sisters who are compassionate,
    empathetic, intelligent and they have walked this path themselves. Oh,
    and the cyber hugs are terrific. The only advice I can add is when you
    get a tx plan,share it and believe me someone on the board will have been
    through it. I didn't join this group until I was passed my surgery and
    chemo and it sure would have been wonderful to have these ladies here who
    could have answered my questions about what I was going through with my side
    effects, emotions, treatment and fears. Keep us posted and ask questions and
    know you are cared for, supported and loved and most of all you are
    prayed for.

Teresa

Dear Teresa....
    Thank you for love and support. I truly need it, and can feel the strength from it! I will do as you suggested and share my treatment plan. I am still meeting with the ocologist and surgeon this week to discuss that. Again, thank you and Blessings to you.
    Linda.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    lccollins said:

Just diagnosed...
    I have to say that I am overwhelmed and humbled by the responses of love and support! Thank you so much to everyone. I will see the oncologist today @ 5 and I feel more empowered already from your suggestions and information. Again, thank you all, and Blessings to you. You too are all in my thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted. Linda :)

Good luck today Linda!
    Good luck today Linda! Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts!

Sue :)
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the
    Hello and welcome to the board no body wants to join. But if you need it this is the place to be. Everything will be very overwhelming at first. But as time goes by and you learn more and more it does get easier. You can ask anything you want to here and there will be some body that can answer. I suggest you write your questions down and take them with you to the Dr along with another person. Two sets of ears are better then one. And take notes. There is allot to remember at first. Good luck and remember we are all here to help you. take care sweetheart Kay
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    mamolady said:

Everyone is pretty much
    Everyone is pretty much giving you the same advise I would.
    1.Take some one with you. I was in a fog for the first few weeks so I was glad my husband was with me for the doctor appointments.
    2. Start a list of questions. You will think of stuff at 2:00 am, write it down then because you will forget by the time you wake up.
    3. Breath, this is all very overwhelming! It is for all of us and people who aren't in our shoes don't quite get it.
    4. I was never so organized as to categorize stuff but I have a folder with everything in it.
    5. Remember doctors are people too. They are part of YOUR team. Ask questions till you are satisfied with the answers. Have them write stuff down if you want, or spell things or what ever. They are there for you.

You started on a good path finding this site. There is no question that will go unanswered, you will find all the hugs and prayers and support anyone could imagine!

You will get through this! We are here to help,
    Cindy

bumping up

bumping up
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome to the website, sorry you are part of this club...This website is a great source of information and support. I also have invasive ductal carcinoma, diagnosed in July 2009. I had two lumpectomies, one cancerous and one benign. I had chemo (fall 2009) and radiation (spring 2010). It will be helpful as you go through the steps of diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment, to hear from people who have been there. I have no evidence of disease at present! The thing to remember is that there are many effective treatments for this disease out there. Ask questions on the discussion board if you need to as you go along.
    Blessings to you new pink sister,
    Sybil
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Welcome

Best of Luck.

Chickadee

Welcome and at the same
    Welcome and at the same time, I need to say how sorry I am that you have bc. Your pink sisters here will be here for you, so, always remember that.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options
    CAchick said:

Welcome
    Welcome to the website, sorry you are part of this club...This website is a great source of information and support. I also have invasive ductal carcinoma, diagnosed in July 2009. I had two lumpectomies, one cancerous and one benign. I had chemo (fall 2009) and radiation (spring 2010). It will be helpful as you go through the steps of diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment, to hear from people who have been there. I have no evidence of disease at present! The thing to remember is that there are many effective treatments for this disease out there. Ask questions on the discussion board if you need to as you go along.
    Blessings to you new pink sister,
    Sybil

Overwhelming
    Welcome,
    The best advise I could give you is too write all your questions down and bring them to your appointments, and always come too this site for support and there are so many sweet ladies on here with good advise.
    Lots of HUGS Karie
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    weazer said:

Overwhelming
    Welcome,
    The best advise I could give you is too write all your questions down and bring them to your appointments, and always come too this site for support and there are so many sweet ladies on here with good advise.
    Lots of HUGS Karie

Linda,I was dxed with IDC, 2
    Linda,I was dxed with IDC, 2 large tumors, 1 small in Sept. 09. My onc prescribed Femara (cancer drug) for a few months to shrink the tumors, which happened. Then I had a masectomy and 17 lymph nodes removed, 12 weeks of chemo, 35 rad treatments. Now I'm almost a year away from all the treatments, feel good and enjoying my life again. When you first hear the words "breast cancer" you just can't absorb anything else. You wonder how you're going to get thru it, find the right doctors, which treatment is best for you and you're mostly totally overwhelmed. So many of us here have been where you are now and we know you'll get thru it. Sometimes you might seem like you're crawling, but you will cross the finish line and we'll be there cheering you every step of the way. I can't add much more advice since so many have given you great advice. Keeping a journal and taking notes of every test, treatment, etc. will help you keep things straight in your head. And don't forget about second opinion if you're not comfortable with your dr and treatment. I didn't care for the first surgeon I went too and found an excellent one to do my surgery. Wishing the best and sending you hugs.