Financial assistace

Options
2»

Comments

• cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    Check with your local social
    Check with your local social service agency. Here in Wisconsin, if you are diagnosed with breast cancer, there is a state medicaid to cover it. If your state has it, you may be able to backdate coverage.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Laurissa - look up the Pink Daisy Project
    Laurissa - look up "The Pink Daisy Project" on google. I dont have the direct link to them, but they are a program that helps out breast cancer patients. They can help you with gas, groceries - they send you gift cards. Last year I applied while i was having chemo & they sent me a grocery store gift card, a mcdonald's one & subway for my kids (for those days i was too wiped out to cook), and they even surprised my kids with a box of presents for Christmas. They are wonderful people, I can't say enough nice things about this organization. Please look them up Laurissa - I know it's not alot, but being able to stock up on groceries really helped us out when things got bad financially.
    Sending you LOTS of love & hugs & keeping you in my prayers as always :)
    *hugs & hugs*
    Heather
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    deeb111 said:

for help
    If you contact american cancer society they might have patient navigators to help or put you in direction of help and maybe your family could run a benefit my family did this for my son and sometimes food pantries give food and money I dont know where u live but give these a try

Have you gotten any further
    Have you gotten any further Laurissa in getting assistance?

Lex
  • chriskaput
    chriskaput Member Posts: 109
    Options
    financial assistance
    try cancercare. They helped me with an $800 check that covered transportation costs and treatment co-pays out of pocket costs. I just sent them receipts. good luck. I am sorry your family is going through a rough time. all the best.
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Laurissa
    You've gotten alot of good advise here but I just want to say I wish you well and think of you often.
    Phone co. will reduce your rate alot. call all of your utilities. I see you applied for food stamps, that's good. You are in my prayers Laurissa.
    Hugs,
    Annette