Options
2»

Comments

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Not so fast, dear Clementine!
    I think I remember that you're still on Tamoxifen like me, yes?

Of course, every doctor has his/her own protocol -- and, as Susan said, the schedule should be individualized for each patient -- but my medical oncologist feels strongly that he wants to see me every 3 months for the entire 5 years I'm on Tamoxifen.

Only 3 more years to go, woo-hoo! >:-(

Traci

Welllll now
    I think that my attempt in running away from cancer and all the doctors associated with it is going to be a big failure! Ha ha. It seems from everyone's advice that I will continue to see the smiling faces of my oncologist and his staff relatively frequently for the foreseeable future. Yes, I am on Tamoxifen and will be for at least 4 more years.

Well, you never know, since it is individualized and I can be quite annoying, my oncologist may pass on seeing me every three months.

That is my new game plan and I am sticking with it!

Seriously, though - thanks a bunch, everyone that responded. I would have certainly been disappointed/worried in October if he asked me back in 3 months. I am so grateful for your information!

Best,
    Clementine
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

Welllll now
    I think that my attempt in running away from cancer and all the doctors associated with it is going to be a big failure! Ha ha. It seems from everyone's advice that I will continue to see the smiling faces of my oncologist and his staff relatively frequently for the foreseeable future. Yes, I am on Tamoxifen and will be for at least 4 more years.

Well, you never know, since it is individualized and I can be quite annoying, my oncologist may pass on seeing me every three months.

That is my new game plan and I am sticking with it!

Seriously, though - thanks a bunch, everyone that responded. I would have certainly been disappointed/worried in October if he asked me back in 3 months. I am so grateful for your information!

Best,
    Clementine

Clementine!
    While I don't want to speak for Christmas Girl, when she said that each person's treatment should be "individualized," I'm quite certain she did NOT mean

"Be really annoying, so your doctor won't want to see you as often."

Behave yourself, girl!

:-) Traci
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

I am on 6 months now for my
    I am on 6 months now for my mammo and ultrasound.

Lex

Christmas Girl aka Susan,
    6 months .. - interesting. I don't mind seeing my Oncologist on a Monthly basis . . . which includes the drive, lobby waiting, check up and even the weight scale update .. it's the anxiety and frustration leading up to each visit .. then the 3 long days of waiting for results on my markers. Hoping I can find a way to alleviate my before apptmt, and after apptmt anxiety in time ...

Vicki Sam
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Clementine!
    While I don't want to speak for Christmas Girl, when she said that each person's treatment should be "individualized," I'm quite certain she did NOT mean

"Be really annoying, so your doctor won't want to see you as often."

Behave yourself, girl!

:-) Traci

Traci...
    You have my permission to "speak" for me any time. :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Christmas Girl aka Susan,
    6 months .. - interesting. I don't mind seeing my Oncologist on a Monthly basis . . . which includes the drive, lobby waiting, check up and even the weight scale update .. it's the anxiety and frustration leading up to each visit .. then the 3 long days of waiting for results on my markers. Hoping I can find a way to alleviate my before apptmt, and after apptmt anxiety in time ...

Vicki Sam

Vicki Sam...
    I sincerely hope your anxiety prior/after appointments & tests does, indeed, diminish with time. I think it does for at least most of us. For me, it has - somewhat.

And regarding my own follow-up schedule, as clarification so as not to confuse nor mislead:
    1st year after completion of all invasive treatments - once a month/every 4 weeks
    2nd year - every 6 weeks
    3rd year - every 8 weeks
    4th year - every 12 weeks
    5th year - began/still/will remain twice per year

Kind regards, Susan