News from a happy man

Options

Comments

• Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Wonderful news!!!
    So happy for you!!! Never hesitate to post the good news...even those who are having a set back need some encouraging news also.

Stay happy and enjoy NED!!!
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    asiaamy said:

Gives us hope
    As a complete newbie who is going through treatment I can't go to the messages yet where others have had setbacks. I am just not ready and dont have anything to add, but hopefully over time will be able to support others too.

I am so grateful for this board. I read the positive ones so that I can be inspired and have hope that I too can do this. Please would all of you continue to post positive messages on here as it really does lift us particularly those who are just starting their journey.

And of course congrats!

Only Positive Thoughts and Energy
    Amy, I can understand where you're coming from...

When I was going through treatment, I only surrounded myself with positive thoughts and people. I didn't want to be rude, but if someone started telling me about a friend or relative whom had cancer. I'd always stop them up front and politely ask them if it didn't have a good outcome, I'd rather not hear it right now...maybe later down the road.

One thing my wife started and I highly recommend unless you're a very private person.

She started a group email list for me, we'd send out updates, milestones, ask for prayers when needed...

It was awesome to hear back from people when you become low at times...

It included my closest co-workers, family, friends, church members....

Best,
    John
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Wonderful news!!!
    So happy for you!!! Never hesitate to post the good news...even those who are having a set back need some encouraging news also.

Stay happy and enjoy NED!!!

YAY!
    Congratulation's on your great scan! Thank you for sharing as it gives us all hope!
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    rozaroo said:

YAY!
    Congratulation's on your great scan! Thank you for sharing as it gives us all hope!

Thanks for the kind words
    Ok everyone, Glenna, John, Amy, Kent, AB and all.
    Since good news helps, I want to add that I'm good looking too !!LOL
    Have a great day all,
    Steve
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Thanks for the kind words
    Ok everyone, Glenna, John, Amy, Kent, AB and all.
    Since good news helps, I want to add that I'm good looking too !!LOL
    Have a great day all,
    Steve

WATCH OUT
    You better watch out though....that guy behind you is about to whap you one upside the head....

JG
  • sportsman
    sportsman Member Posts: 97
    Options
    Great News
    Always glad to hear about someone on here that has got good new to report about their cancer. It will be five years in February, 2012 since my treatment. I am always grateful to hear the report that I am still cancer free. Like you I have quite a few limitations as to what I can do because of the severity of the treatment but my life has been extended almost five years now. For all those on here that is in the midst of this struggle with this horrible cancer, please keep the faith and hope that you can be cured. God does answer prayer and I continue to pray for all my friends on this site. May God Bless you all
  • hawk711
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

WATCH OUT
    You better watch out though....that guy behind you is about to whap you one upside the head....

JG

The Babe
    John
    This pic is from my trip to the baseball hall of fame 5 years ago. It was a great trip. Now I don't have to worry about the Babe taking a crack at my head, but my wife is another matter !
    Steve
  • hawk711
    Options
    sportsman said:

Great News
    Always glad to hear about someone on here that has got good new to report about their cancer. It will be five years in February, 2012 since my treatment. I am always grateful to hear the report that I am still cancer free. Like you I have quite a few limitations as to what I can do because of the severity of the treatment but my life has been extended almost five years now. For all those on here that is in the midst of this struggle with this horrible cancer, please keep the faith and hope that you can be cured. God does answer prayer and I continue to pray for all my friends on this site. May God Bless you all

Wow 5 years
    Sportsman
    I'm so happy to hear you are 5 years out. That give me hope that more years are out there for me....I know Sash is out about 14 years now, so we both have a ways to go to catch him.
    I think we will catch him though. 14 years looks reachable for us all if we think it can..
    All the best
    Steve
  • jeepman
    jeepman Member Posts: 109
    Options
    AWESOME!
    Steve,

So glad for you. You are on your way. I have my first post treatment scan 12 Sept and was told not to get excited about "false positives". I takes time for the hot spots to get gone, as it dies and is ridded of by the body.

God bless brother,

Mike
  • ian1511
    ian1511 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Awesome News!
    Steve,

Thanks for sharing. It gives me hope and I'm sure many others as well. I'm not on the board as often as I'd like to be, since I started working fulltime again. I'm usually really tired by day's end. I pray for the same results in two weeks. Mine will be a 12 week follow up PET scan.

Darren
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    ian1511 said:

Awesome News!
    Steve,

Thanks for sharing. It gives me hope and I'm sure many others as well. I'm not on the board as often as I'd like to be, since I started working fulltime again. I'm usually really tired by day's end. I pray for the same results in two weeks. Mine will be a 12 week follow up PET scan.

Darren

Big Smile!!
    Steve,
    There is nothing better than a "Happy Man"!!!
    Marks doc told him for his brand of cancer if he was clear for 2 years he was considered cured. Hope only the best for you and everyone here.
    Kim
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Old Ned
    Hi, Steve. Please post good or great news here anytime. For those of us in the dumps, it really helps to hear of somebody else doing well. Anytime somebody kicks the beast's butt, it is a victory for all of us. Congratulations and best wishes to keep on doing well. I hope NED is your BFF.

Roger.
  • Jason1111
    Jason1111 Member Posts: 64
    Options
    That IS great news! I as
    That IS great news! I as well hope and pray that I can be saying this of my father in a year or so. i just want this disease gone. But CONGRATULATIONS to you and your Family! A little less stress never hurt anyone and I hope you stay NED!
    Again Congrats!
    Jason
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Jason1111 said:

That IS great news! I as
    That IS great news! I as well hope and pray that I can be saying this of my father in a year or so. i just want this disease gone. But CONGRATULATIONS to you and your Family! A little less stress never hurt anyone and I hope you stay NED!
    Again Congrats!
    Jason

Happy Man!
    Great news Steve! Keep it Bro', glad to hear you're doing well!!

Greg
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    GREAT NEWS STEVE
    Steve, reading this is a great way to return to work from a weeks vacation. I too can relate about either trying to move on with my life and or just wanting to read the good news. Every time we all log on we run the "real risk" of getting some bad news from one of our friends. I try to stay on now mostly to try to "pay it forward" to a new CSN friend who has just received the devastating news and does not know what to do. I am pretty sure when I was a newbie, there were others who were cancer free for some time who would like to move on, but chose to help me out in my time of need.

It is hard to try to keep yourself positive when we will eventually read of one of our friends bad news, but I try to keep it in perspective and reply back with some type of a kind thought or positive vibe as this is really more important than me trying for a moment to be happy.

Sorry to ramble on, but your post "struck a chord" with me.

All the best and keep on NEDIN!!

Mike
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    Happy
    This news makes me happy!

Kathy
  • shoeloy
    shoeloy Member Posts: 70
    Options
    NED
    I enjoy the good reports, I have only been through with treatments 4 months and enjoy seeing NED reports from people that are ahead of me. There are enough posts of news that is not as good as we would like to hear. I am certain that we all rejoice with you on your good results and paray for many more.

Loyd
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Happy News!
    Thanks for sharing! Enjoy life! I look forward to similar results at my 16-18 month scan at the end of the year.
  • josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Game winner!
    Way to go Hawk! We can all jeer your game winner. Josh r.
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Steve, Congratulations on
    Steve, Congratulations on the NED! Good News is always good to hear. It only shows what a good heart you have that you were reluctant to announce your good news. I agree it is very important to let everyone know that so far so good. I hate to here of anyone getting bad news and it does take away some confidence with standard treatment but news like this has the opposite effect. We wish you many more clean scans. Keep it up, Homer & Connie