I've had enough of this gray curly hair!

Options
2»

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Can't wait to see your new hair color
    What color is it going to be? Please post pictures. I love transformations.

I let my hair grow out gray 2 years ago. I'd only had it that way for about a year when chemo made it all fall out. I did a lot of observing of women of a certain age before I made my decision to let my hair grow out. My conclusion was it's not so much the hair color that makes a difference, but the style of both the hair and clothes and the way women carry themselves plays a significant part. Some women do have really ugly gray hair. Some are lucky. I loved my gray hair when I had it. I've compared pictures of me side by side - gray and blonde - and I don't think I looked any younger with my hair colored. Plus it cost me a fortune. When I finally got a wig in May, I tried on colors (I've had blonde hair most of my adult life), but they didn't feel right. The wig lady kept showing me blonde wigs. I was open to being any color that looked good, but they just didn't look like me anymore. I finally convinced her to let me try on a gray one. Even she agreed it was the most flattering. I think I was one of the lucky women whose gray hair was pretty and enhanced my coloring. I still plan on buying a colored wig sometime soon. It will be the same style as the one I have now. I haven't decided what color yet.

I've also been wearing my scarves again. I learned different ways to tie and wear my Titillating Turbans and I'm having some fun with them again. They're rather exotic.

Can't wait to see your new do! We deserve to feel good about our sppearance no matter what it takes.

Suzanne

Will be waiting to see your
    Will be waiting to see your new pic Char!
  • Vigee
    Vigee Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Hair
    Well, I just want to say that your photo with your lovely smile always makes me smile!
    You are beautiful, gray or not!!
    And...you can give me your 15lbs. I'll lose it for you!

<3 Vigee (Vee-shay)
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Char
    I'm looking foward to seeing that picture after your haircut! Mine is curly, salt and pepper (mostly pepper now) I've had it trimmed once to even in out. We are both about the same time from post chemo. (9 months) I will need another trim soon although I have so many compliments on how nice the curls look so I haven't blown it straight at all yet.
    This is the fun part!
    Hugs,
    Annette
  • Kaycee47
    Kaycee47 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Rague said:

Wanna trade?
    I'd be happy to trade! I'm older than you (65) but have natural dark brown (almost black but not quite) hair still. Before Chemo I had a very few silver trying to sneak in but none since it came back after Chemo. It's just genetic - nobody in Daddy's side of the family ever got grey even in their 90's but Mom's side did in their teens or early 20's. I got Daddy's side and Brother got Mom's side. I hate it when people i don't even know will tell me in stores that I'd look younger if I didn't dye my hair so dark.

Susan

Brown hair
    Me too. I am 64 and only have a little gray around my face. My hair is finally growing in from chemo and dark as anything. Definately genetic. I use to highlight it just to soften my look. After this battle that is still not over ...Herceptin for a year and p.o. meds. My hair color is OK with me.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Thanks for the support.
    I can't wait to color this salt & pepper gray. When my hair first came back it was really white but now there is a lot of both. I've had one trim done but my hair is almost kinky curly. Because of my shoulder problems I have my hair colored at the salon. I'm ready to try something a bit different. My fav color is purple but not on hair!

I will gladly give away 15 lbs :D How about 30????

Until my new pic, I'll avoid looking in the mirror. LOL
    Char