Diagnostic Tests are FINALLY completed

Options
2»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

I am sorry to hear about
    I am sorry to hear about the second biopsy being cancer. I will be praying for you along with Laurissa.We are getting bad news today and still some don't have their tests back. Prayers to all who are going through a ordeal with this beast.

I understand not wanting clinical trials.They don't know if they will work but your doctors will know something that worked for others. At a visitation the other night I believe the family wasn't sure about trials on new drugs.

See what the next plan is with your doctors and let us know.You're in our Thoughts and Prayers.

Lynn Smith

Praying that whatever
    Praying that whatever treatment you have will kill the cancer forever!

Prayers for you,

Megan
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi myturn
    I'm glad yours was caught so early. I hsad symptoms with min so its very advanced right now. I wish you luck.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi myturn
    I'm glad yours was caught so early. I hsad symptoms with min so its very advanced right now. I wish you luck.

I always hated you just an itty bitty bit...:-)
    I always hated you just the teensiest bit when you and I were going through the very same chemo, and you -- who are [mumble mumble] years older than me -- were doing Jazzercise 8 days a week while I was struggling just to haul my a** out of bed!

But I know that strength and commitment to your health will now serve you very well as you show cancer who's REALLY in charge! And we will all be here with you every step of the way....well, except that I'm not going with you to Jazzercise. Really, I'm just not. :-)

Now I don't understand your comment about no surgery...?...what about the lump on your mastectomy scar that started all of this? Won't they be removing that?

Traci
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

I always hated you just an itty bitty bit...:-)
    I always hated you just the teensiest bit when you and I were going through the very same chemo, and you -- who are [mumble mumble] years older than me -- were doing Jazzercise 8 days a week while I was struggling just to haul my a** out of bed!

But I know that strength and commitment to your health will now serve you very well as you show cancer who's REALLY in charge! And we will all be here with you every step of the way....well, except that I'm not going with you to Jazzercise. Really, I'm just not. :-)

Now I don't understand your comment about no surgery...?...what about the lump on your mastectomy scar that started all of this? Won't they be removing that?

Traci

Thanks everyone for your
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I will meet with my ongologist Thursday, 8/11 to discuss my treatment options. I will keep you posted.

Traci, I will be questioning the "no surgery" again. My understanding was because the cancer has spread to another organ, the priority now is to control it. And, because I am now Stage IV, typically surgery is not done. This is new terriority for me, so I'm learning as I go. Oh yeah, on the 22nd, Jazzercise is having a "free" day, are you sure you won't come along? I'll let you stand in the back with me.

Take care all! (((Hugs)))
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Debbie
    I am very sorry, I still cannot believe it.I am glad that you feel good and strong physically and I am very impressed and amazed by how well and positive do you sound.
    As far as clinical trial phase I, it means that it will be first time the medication will be evaluated on humans. That is why it is a very small group and safety data is limited. You are absolutely correct, you do have other options, and hopefully your new oncologist will offered an effective treatment plan for you.
    Hugs

Debbie, you've got my
    Debbie, you've got my support and prayers!

Hugs, Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Lovely sister -- I will add
    Lovely sister -- I will add you to my prayers list as well.

I am not sure I can handle more bad news on this forum. As a matter of fact, I am going to pray for NO MORE bad news. And those who are already going through a difficult time, I pray that all of you return with great news and that treatments will work for all of you, and that you will recover smoothly.

Please keep us posted about everything. We are here for you.

Stay POSITIVE please.

I am here for you Debbie!
    I am here for you Debbie! Please try to stay positive and fight as hard as you can, which I know you will.

Praying,

Kylez
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Thanks everyone for your
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I will meet with my ongologist Thursday, 8/11 to discuss my treatment options. I will keep you posted.

Traci, I will be questioning the "no surgery" again. My understanding was because the cancer has spread to another organ, the priority now is to control it. And, because I am now Stage IV, typically surgery is not done. This is new terriority for me, so I'm learning as I go. Oh yeah, on the 22nd, Jazzercise is having a "free" day, are you sure you won't come along? I'll let you stand in the back with me.

Take care all! (((Hugs)))

Good luck the 11th Debbie!
    Good luck the 11th Debbie! Please let us know what you find out, ok?

We will have the pink bus ready for you!

Hugs, Lex
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

I am sorry to hear about
    I am sorry to hear about the second biopsy being cancer. I will be praying for you along with Laurissa.We are getting bad news today and still some don't have their tests back. Prayers to all who are going through a ordeal with this beast.

I understand not wanting clinical trials.They don't know if they will work but your doctors will know something that worked for others. At a visitation the other night I believe the family wasn't sure about trials on new drugs.

See what the next plan is with your doctors and let us know.You're in our Thoughts and Prayers.

Lynn Smith

I am so sorry. I truly wish
    I am so sorry. I truly wish that you never had to battle the beast again Debbie.

The clinical trial doesn't sound like a good choice, so, I am glad you are not going to try it.

I am sure your oncologist will come up with a good plan for you!

Stay strong and know we are here for you.

Praying for you!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Good luck the 11th Debbie!
    Good luck the 11th Debbie! Please let us know what you find out, ok?

We will have the pink bus ready for you!

Hugs, Lex

Praying that your oncologist
    Praying that your oncologist will have treatment options that will kick the cancer to the curb!

Prayers and hugs,

Megan
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry
    to hear this news. It seems, however, that you are approaching it with the best possible mindset and that you are going to beat this. My thoughts are with you.

Clementine
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

I am very sorry
    to hear this news. It seems, however, that you are approaching it with the best possible mindset and that you are going to beat this. My thoughts are with you.

Clementine

I'll be with you in spirit
    I'll be with you in spirit on the 11th Myturnnow!

Hugs, Diane
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi myturn

I will be on the bus for you
    I will be on the bus for you Debbie, so, you know that all of us are supporting you!

Love, Leeza