I Start Radiation Tomorrow (8/1) and Have Questions...

Options
2»

Comments

• meschellejensen
    meschellejensen Member Posts: 117
    Options
    SC girl said:

Explanation of terms

I am just about to start radiation.  What are "boosters" that I see referenced?  Also, my RO suggested 99% aloe.  Does anyone recommend any specific brands or products, or just any pure aloe?

Thanks, having sisters out there really helps make the process easier!

Boosters

Hi SC girl,

The boosts are just a concentrated area of radiation (not whole breast).  For me I had 15 hypo-fractionated whole breast radiation treatments, and then 5 boosts that were concentrated right over my nipple because that was the area where my tumor was.  For me, I was really happy to give the rest of my breast a break!  I used Calendula Cream throughout radiation and after .  My skin did well except under my arm, and I think that is because I used deoderant when I was finished with treatment daily.  Calendula Cream soaks in and is easy to wash off.  My theory is that the reason that I burned under my arm is that the deoderant leaves a residue that is hard to was off.  Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you!

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    edited November 2017 #23
    Options
    I worked full time and did my

I worked full time and did my radiation on my lunch hour.

I am odd man out i am sure-but i had NO side effectsf from radiation-NO buring or dry skin-I actually packed my friends mom's house of 30 yra alone after work, since my friend was from out of state.

I  luckily had no fatige-When the Drs asked me i had to ask what fatigue was-he said if you have to ASK you do not have it.

I HOPE YOU have the same expericnce as i did...that was in 2008 (almost 10 yrs ag0)

Denise

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    checking back in to see how

checking back in to see how you are doing?

Denise

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    1st rad.

I did not have rad, however, I understand how any any any type of treatment is rough both physically and emotionally.  I wish you peace and positive outcomes. 

Prayers always going up and keep us posted.

Hugs,

Annie