how long will the shortness of breath last?

tramoo2
tramoo2 Member Posts: 9
i had a lobectomy on 4/11.
this wes due to rectal/squmos cell that spread to the lung.
i now am unable to walk very short distances without getting short of breath.
i dont know what types of exercises to do being that i have problems breathing.

please help

Comments

• lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member
    Short of Breath
    You had your lobectomy almost four months ago so breathing should be coming more easily to you. Having said that your respirologist is the best person to answer your question as we are all different.

Do you have spirva or symbicort to help with your breathing? Are you using the spirometer that you probably got in the hospital? . It is really important that you do this on a regular basis to expand your lung. After three months you probably had a consult with your surgeon, did you ask him/her any questions?

Can you go for short walks a few times a day and increase the distance each day? I really encourage you to phone your respirologist or your regular doctor and get some advice.
    Others on here will probably give you advice. Good luck and keep us posted as we like to support one another.
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Sorry
    you are having so much difficulty breathing. I agree that you should call your Pulmonary doc or your surgeon. I had my lobectomy on 5/4 and have seen my surgeon twice and my pulmonary doc once for follow up. They want to know if you are having any difficulty so I think it would be a good idea to give them a call. Our bodies need the oxygen and there might be something different that they can provide to make it easier for you. You mention not knowing what exercises to do....did they not give you post surgery exercises and/or therapy? Maybe someone overlooked that info and you need to inquire. Let us know how you are doing. Prayers and peaceful thoughts coming your way.