Taxol questions again....

Last week after Taxol I puked an entire day well I guess that was my pain meds not the Taxol. So treatment Thursday and now I have the spacey chemo brain going on.....did others experience that too? I also have a real dull headache. Certainly better than puking but still annoying!!

Comments

• kimz57bc
    kimz57bc Member Posts: 8
    Taxol & Herceptin
    I have taxol and herceptin each Thursday. First week didn't know what to expect. I was told some of the side effects. I have some numbness in hands and feet, but I get blurry vision and what I call the "taxol blues", each week gets worse.
  • Linda52
    Linda52 Member Posts: 2
    kimz57bc said:

Taxol & Herceptin
    I have taxol and herceptin each Thursday. First week didn't know what to expect. I was told some of the side effects. I have some numbness in hands and feet, but I get blurry vision and what I call the "taxol blues", each week gets worse.

This is my very first post/
    This is my very first post/ reply, I just joined yesterday. I've had 8 taxol/ Herceptin treatments, only 4 more taxol to go (TG) and though I haven't had many problems with nausea or chemo brain, I'm having some balance issues, exhaustion, neuropathy, and HORRIBLE problems with my finger and toenails. Has this happened to anyone else? I've lost 1 toenail, and both big toenails are black and very painful. Also have lost a lot of dexterity with my hands, don't get a lot of help cleaning since my husband passed away 2 months before I was DX'd.
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Linda52 said:

This is my very first post/ reply, I just joined yesterday. I've had 8 taxol/ Herceptin treatments, only 4 more taxol to go (TG) and though I haven't had many problems with nausea or chemo brain, I'm having some balance issues, exhaustion, neuropathy, and HORRIBLE problems with my finger and toenails. Has this happened to anyone else? I've lost 1 toenail, and both big toenails are black and very painful. Also have lost a lot of dexterity with my hands, don't get a lot of help cleaning since my husband passed away 2 months before I was DX'd.

Welcome, Linda.
    I did not

Welcome, Linda.

I did not lose my big toe nails, but I was close. Thankfully I finished the taxol before they came off. But my fingers felt like parchment paper. They were so dry and uncomfortable and that lasted for a while even after the medication was done.

Judy
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    taxol
    I didn't have too much trouble with taxol. I had read some where that if you put cold on your fingers and toes it prevents the nail bed issues. I put little ice gel packs in my husband's crocs and put my feet in there. For my fingers I used oven mits with gel packs. I didn't loose any finger or toe nails. They got a little funky but not bad. The neuropathy wasn't too bad either. I don't know if the ice helped but it certainly didn't hurt.
    The biggest issue were head aches and tiredness. That and just feeling toxic.

Cindy
  • stayingstrongfortoday
    stayingstrongfortoday Member Posts: 116
    mamolady said:

taxol
    I didn't have too much trouble with taxol. I had read some where that if you put cold on your fingers and toes it prevents the nail bed issues. I put little ice gel packs in my husband's crocs and put my feet in there. For my fingers I used oven mits with gel packs. I didn't loose any finger or toe nails. They got a little funky but not bad. The neuropathy wasn't too bad either. I don't know if the ice helped but it certainly didn't hurt.

Cindy

ugh...
    Hadn't heard anything about losing toe/finger nails. I just feel chemo brained today and I would think after all the chemos I have done it's a feeling you'd get use to....but no. I hate it.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Linda52 said:

I wasn't on chemo, but, I
    I wasn't on chemo, but, I wanted to wish you good luck with it!
  • dcoleman
    dcoleman Member Posts: 1
    Linda52 said:

fingers and toes
    Hi Linda, I too just joined (today) I can tell you am having similar issues with my fingers and toes. I was told to use vitimans B1, B6 and B complex. It has not gone away, however, I can tell the difference after taking them. Hope this helps!!!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member

ugh...
    Hadn't heard anything about losing toe/finger nails. I just feel chemo brained today and I would think after all the chemos I have done it's a feeling you'd get use to....but no. I hate it.

Are you getting steroids
    Are you getting steroids with Taxol? I think they may be causing your side effects.

Hope you are feeling better.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    mamolady said:

taxol

Cindy

I didn't have taxol but I
    I didn't have taxol but I wanted to send you big cyber hugs and support!
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Megan M said:

I didn't have taxol but I
    I didn't have taxol but I wanted to send you big cyber hugs and support!

hope you are feeling better
    I tolerated Taxol better than FEC, but still took the anti-nausea regularly. Are you puking even with the anti-nausea? Maybe they can give you a different medication.

And yes, chemo brain sucks!!! It's such a toxic feeling and can't (IMO) be described to anyone who hasn;t experienced it. For 3-5 days after each FEC treatment I was in a complete mental fog, body run over by a truck feeling and brain like sticky glue, spacy like anything.

I start my third chemo (oral) Xeloda Aug 15 along with radiation if all goes as scheduled,hope side effects are not too bad.

Hang in there,
    Laura