Cancerversary! How many years everyone?

Options

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    zahalene said:

July 3, 2011
    I celebrated my 25th cancerversary (no, it's not a typo) on July 3rd.
    I hope and pray the same for all my beautiful sisters and brothers here.

what an inspiration!
    thank you for posting! So encouraging! xoxo
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    coming upon 2 years this week since dx.
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    You all are inspiring!
    You all are so inspiring---from the people who are "months in" to the people who are "years in"---25 NO LESS!!! Add all of our survivor years together, and we are ONE SURVIVING MACHINE!!! You better run, Cancer!
    Thanks all!
    Sybil
  • Maxmom57
    Maxmom57 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    CAchick said:

You all are inspiring!
    You all are so inspiring---from the people who are "months in" to the people who are "years in"---25 NO LESS!!! Add all of our survivor years together, and we are ONE SURVIVING MACHINE!!! You better run, Cancer!
    Thanks all!
    Sybil

Congrats to you all! You
    Congrats to you all! You make me so happy. I was diagnosed April 22 of this year and just had 1st of 4 chemos 10 days ago. I see I have much to look forward to!

:-)

Kim
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options
    Maxmom57 said:

Congrats to you all! You
    Congrats to you all! You make me so happy. I was diagnosed April 22 of this year and just had 1st of 4 chemos 10 days ago. I see I have much to look forward to!

:-)

Kim

11 years
    Sept. 11,2000 is when I had my Mastectomy and Reconstruction.I will be an 11 year Survivor! HUGS!!! Cathy
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Hi Pink Warriors
    I was diagnosed 2 years, 9 months ago. Been dancing with Ned for 2 years 1 month. Gotta keep those feet dancing everyone!!!! God Bless all of us!
    Pat
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cruf said:

11 years
    Sept. 11,2000 is when I had my Mastectomy and Reconstruction.I will be an 11 year Survivor! HUGS!!! Cathy

Congratulations to all of 'us'
    KUDOS to you long term WARRIORS --- Zah, C.C., Cruf.

Myself, 8/14 will be 2 years since I was told those 4 dreaded words 'You have Breast Cancer' -- However, I have been dancing with NED since January 17, 2010 -- 17 months, and 2 weeks ..

Difficult, dark journey for me personally, several lingering side efforts continue -- however, I have met so many amazing WARRIORS in Pink -- that help guide me thru my horrific journey and battle.

Enjoying every moment of my life ..

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    3 yrs for me
    but not sure when everyone considers Caniversary! From diagonosis, surgery, end of radiation? This is 3 yrs (aug) I started tamoxifen
  • JacquiAL
    JacquiAL Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi,
    Two years.
    Jacqui

Hi,

Two years.

Jacqui
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options

3 yrs for me
    but not sure when everyone considers Caniversary! From diagonosis, surgery, end of radiation? This is 3 yrs (aug) I started tamoxifen

How I count it
    Hi Disneyfan 2008,
    I count from the date of diagnosis...From that report my life turned onto a different road...so I count from then--July 28, 2009 for me. I am so glad that many of us have some treatment under our belts--to help others along!
    Yay!
    Sybil
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    It is 2 years for me.

It is 2 years for me.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    zahalene said:

July 3, 2011
    I celebrated my 25th cancerversary (no, it's not a typo) on July 3rd.
    I hope and pray the same for all my beautiful sisters and brothers here.

God Bless you zahalene!!!
    God Bless you zahalene!!! This is great! :)
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I was dx Jan. of this year.
    I was dx Jan. of this year. I am still undergoing treatment, but planning to celebrate many years with the help of Faith.
  • mruczko
    mruczko Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Caniversary
    15 months since end of chemo, almost one year since end of radiaton. Oncologist counts from the end of chemo, husband counts from end of radiation, Aug. 9, 2010.
    Marlene
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Amazing
    Amazing how quick the years add up here! Thanks for the post Sybil.

C
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    107 yrs 6-7 months
    Ok this may not be exact as I only used the time that was given. So since some used dx and some used end of treatment, this isn't quite as much time as it would be if we use dx but more that it would be if we used end of treatment.

That is still a lot of years!

Cindy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mamolady said:

107 yrs 6-7 months
    Ok this may not be exact as I only used the time that was given. So since some used dx and some used end of treatment, this isn't quite as much time as it would be if we use dx but more that it would be if we used end of treatment.

That is still a lot of years!

Cindy

Cindy .. Awesome .. Thank you for
    calculating our time ...

Vicki Sam
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Cindy .. Awesome .. Thank you for
    calculating our time ...

Vicki Sam

Diagnosed 3/22/2010
    16.5 months since I was diagnosed. 11 months since my last chemotherapy treatment. Pronounced 'cured' June 29, 2011. Any way you count it, I am a survivor!!
    (this is the very first time I have referred to myself that way)

Chickadee
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Sybil
    Sept 09, I forgot the day, second or third week. I'd have to look it up. What a ride isn't it?
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    Options
    laurissa said:

Sybil
    Sept 09, I forgot the day, second or third week. I'd have to look it up. What a ride isn't it?

09 for me too
    January 6th 2009 was the day I got the call. Seems like yesterday, but yet sometimes it is hard to remember life before cancer. Time does go by pretty quickly. Thankful for every day!!