New CA125 numbers and Reika

Options
Susan777
Susan777 Member Posts: 97 Member
I just got my new number......13! After 2 treatments! I started at 1150 before surgery. YIPPEE...so happy and smiles all day. I also went to my local American Cancer Society and scheduled a Reika treatment. Has anyone had this done? It was described to me as a massage without touching?? I am also scheduled to attent a "Look Good, Feel Better" class. Has anyone gone to one of these?

Susan

Comments

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Yippee!
    I'm so very happy to hear about your counts! I haven't done a Reika treatment, but I'll look forward to hearing about it.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • paris11
    paris11 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Susan - Congrats!!!
    The treatment is working - enjoy the bliss.

I swear by reiiki - reiiki and acupuncture carried me thru treatment.

Connie
  • joan60
    joan60 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    I've never heard of Reika but have gone to the Look Good, Feel Better class and had a good time. They give you lots of makeup hints, scarf ideas and skin care. You also get a bag full of makeup and creams. I recommend everyone attend a class.
    So glad to hear your numbers,so enjoy your Reika treatment and give updates on it.
    Joan
  • Susan777
    Options
    paris11 said:

Susan - Congrats!!!
    The treatment is working - enjoy the bliss.

I swear by reiiki - reiiki and acupuncture carried me thru treatment.

Connie

Hi Paris,

Can you describe the reiki treatment? How often did you get a treatment? I would also like to do acupuncture. How did you work that in to your regimine?

Thanks,

Susan
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    joan60 said:

I've never heard of Reika but have gone to the Look Good, Feel Better class and had a good time. They give you lots of makeup hints, scarf ideas and skin care. You also get a bag full of makeup and creams. I recommend everyone attend a class.
    So glad to hear your numbers,so enjoy your Reika treatment and give updates on it.
    Joan

love good low low numbers
    great to hear this. I hope your numbers go even lower. Enjoy your reika...val
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options

love good low low numbers
    great to hear this. I hope your numbers go even lower. Enjoy your reika...val

Reiki is a "hands on healing" technique where "universal energy" is channeled through the Reiki practitioner to the subject. The receiver of the healing energy just lies on a massage table and relaxes--I usually fall asleep. On several occasions, the Reiki practitioner's hands felt really hot for a while, then when her hands cooled down, the session was over.

The Look Good, Feel Better class was not as helpful regarding head coverings as I hoped it would be--it was mostly a make up class. The most useful thing I learned was the how to draw on eyebrows. I still use eyebrow pencil even though the eyebrows are back to normal--I call them my "power eyebrows" now. Hahahahaha!

LQ
  • Susan777
    Options

Reiki is a "hands on healing" technique where "universal energy" is channeled through the Reiki practitioner to the subject. The receiver of the healing energy just lies on a massage table and relaxes--I usually fall asleep. On several occasions, the Reiki practitioner's hands felt really hot for a while, then when her hands cooled down, the session was over.

The Look Good, Feel Better class was not as helpful regarding head coverings as I hoped it would be--it was mostly a make up class. The most useful thing I learned was the how to draw on eyebrows. I still use eyebrow pencil even though the eyebrows are back to normal--I call them my "power eyebrows" now. Hahahahaha!

LQ

Thanks LQ
    Thankyou for the info on Reiki. Sounds wonderful and I cant wait till tomorow to get the treatment. I have not lost my brows or lashes yet (knock on wood), but i would need training to draw them on. I know if you draw them on wrong you can look quit scary!

Susan
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    Options
    Susan777 said:

Thanks LQ
    Thankyou for the info on Reiki. Sounds wonderful and I cant wait till tomorow to get the treatment. I have not lost my brows or lashes yet (knock on wood), but i would need training to draw them on. I know if you draw them on wrong you can look quit scary!

Susan

Look Good, Feel Better
    I went to the Look Good Feel Better class an I loved it. They give tips and as said above a bag of makeup with creams. It is very low key and you just play and have a good time. I was also able to get a free wig when I went. It looks great and made me feel better.
  • jadav1956
    jadav1956 Member Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    jbeans888 said:

Look Good, Feel Better
    I went to the Look Good Feel Better class an I loved it. They give tips and as said above a bag of makeup with creams. It is very low key and you just play and have a good time. I was also able to get a free wig when I went. It looks great and made me feel better.

Way to go Susan !! Great
    Way to go Susan !! Great numbers !! I am due to have mine checked again this week before my tx. My wbcs have dropped to 3.1 and neutrophils down to 27. The onc said numbers needed to come up just a little before tx on thursday. I was wondering why I felt so tired and run down this past week. Any suggestions on how to make these numbers go up? This is the first time this has happened to me, but I knew it was a side effect of the chemo. I usually am geared up and ready to take on the next tx by now. I don't know about the massage you were talking about Susan, but I have something called Jin Shin Jyutsu. I had one last month after tx and it was WONDERFUL ! I have another one scheduled for thursday after tx. I haven't heard about the look good, feel good class either. Good luck with the next tx on thursday. I will be thinking and praying for you. Talk to you soon. Jackie
  • Susan777
    Options
    jadav1956 said:

Way to go Susan !! Great
    Way to go Susan !! Great numbers !! I am due to have mine checked again this week before my tx. My wbcs have dropped to 3.1 and neutrophils down to 27. The onc said numbers needed to come up just a little before tx on thursday. I was wondering why I felt so tired and run down this past week. Any suggestions on how to make these numbers go up? This is the first time this has happened to me, but I knew it was a side effect of the chemo. I usually am geared up and ready to take on the next tx by now. I don't know about the massage you were talking about Susan, but I have something called Jin Shin Jyutsu. I had one last month after tx and it was WONDERFUL ! I have another one scheduled for thursday after tx. I haven't heard about the look good, feel good class either. Good luck with the next tx on thursday. I will be thinking and praying for you. Talk to you soon. Jackie

Jackie
    Hi Jackie....I hope your numbers are awesome! I havent been affected by a drop in my Red or white counts yet. But I am really fatigued all of the time. My Reiki appt got cancelled. The technician scratched her cornia! I will be thinking of you on Thurday!

SUsan