cyberknife

kim50
kim50 Member Posts: 34
Anybody on here ever had cyberknife radiation to treat your cancer? if so, please tell me about your experience.

Comments

• Christmas
    Christmas Member Posts: 100
    Cyberknife
    I had the Cyberknife Dec 2003 as part of my treatment for NPC. It is painless. It is short. I don't remember exactly how long the single session lasted. I did have to see the neurologist for follow up checks - after my MRIs.

What are you getting treatment for?
  • tesa
    tesa Member Posts: 123
    Christmas said:

Cyberknife
    I had the Cyberknife Dec 2003 as part of my treatment for NPC. It is painless. It is short. I don't remember exactly how long the single session lasted. I did have to see the neurologist for follow up checks - after my MRIs.

What are you getting treatment for?

I've been looking into
    I've been looking into cyberknife also. Christmas,Were the treatments effective for you? my mother has paranasal
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Kim
    I was looking into doing cyberknife treatment a few years ago when some hot spots showed up on a PET scan. From what I see and hear it is a great tool in the hands of doctors better then the just the knife.

Hondo
  • kim50
    kim50 Member Posts: 34
    Hondo said:

Hi Kim
    I was looking into doing cyberknife treatment a few years ago when some hot spots showed up on a PET scan. From what I see and hear it is a great tool in the hands of doctors better then the just the knife.

Hondo

Yes, I'm not sure they can
    Yes, I'm not sure they can handle extended tumors, but am definitely going to look into it. Gotta try anything possible
  • Christmas
    Christmas Member Posts: 100
    tesa said:

I've been looking into
    I've been looking into cyberknife also. Christmas,Were the treatments effective for you? my mother has paranasal

Cyberknife
    The team at Stanford recommended cyberknife because they have had good results/survival rate by adding cyberknife to radiation and chemotherapy. I believe that they are still recommending that for all NPC patients. Did it work? I guess so. I'm seven years post treatment and have no re-currence (so far).

There was a cyberknife discussion board with many physicians (including my own) who answered questions that were posted. I'm impressed that they would take the time from their busy schedules to help any and all who posted questions.