Eight Years Ago, as of Today...

Options
Christmas Girl
Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
... I was informed of my diagnosis. In the year 2003.

When I hit the 5 year mark - began to refer to myself as a "longER term" survivor. I won't qualify for "long term" until I reach 10 years.

During the earliest days of my journey - NOTHING provided me with more HOPE than to meet and speak with women who were YEARS out from diagnosis. Which is the purpose of this thread. To inspire others.

Kind regards, Susan

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
    Your thought-filled replies and gentle words always inspire me:)

xoxo
    Victoria
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Congratulations
    Your thought-filled replies and gentle words always inspire me:)

xoxo
    Victoria

Congratulations
    Susan,
    Congratulations! Great milestone
    New Flower
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Awww Susan that is a wonderful milestone, so happy for you. I look forward to congratulating you when you reach the 10 year mark!

Hugs,

RE
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Yay!
    Congratulations, dearest 12/25. I hope and pray... and deeply believe that you will celebrate many more such anniversaries in the years to come. I also believe deeply that our beloved Moopy is sharing in the celebration even now. The pups would also be happy to join in, but they turned into bean bags a few hours ago.

Love,
    Joe
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Yay!
    Congratulations, dearest 12/25. I hope and pray... and deeply believe that you will celebrate many more such anniversaries in the years to come. I also believe deeply that our beloved Moopy is sharing in the celebration even now. The pups would also be happy to join in, but they turned into bean bags a few hours ago.

Love,
    Joe

Susan,
    8 years and more to

Susan,
    8 years and more to come. It is always good for us th hear the years that are going by cancer free. Celebrate this and enjoy each day.
    Stef
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Susan,
    8 years and more to

Susan,
    8 years and more to come. It is always good for us th hear the years that are going by cancer free. Celebrate this and enjoy each day.
    Stef

WOW!
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing. I'm just a little over a year out from my diagnosis but am looking forward to joining the ranks of the long-termers. You encourage us all.
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Didn't think of it that way...
    Hi Susan, I didn't know there was a sort of level system...It gives me something to work toward, marking off the years (hopefully!)Thanks for your inspiring post...My TWO year cancerversary was last Thursday, July 28!
    YEAH for all of our years past diagnosis!
    Sybil
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Inspiration and
    hope is given to others...it's so wonderful to hear this.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Hi Christmas Girl. I am
    Hi Christmas Girl. I am celebrating with you. May you have many, many more such anniversaries. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Hi Christmas Girl. I am
    Hi Christmas Girl. I am celebrating with you. May you have many, many more such anniversaries. xoxoxoxo Lynn

Congratulations Susan, and
    Congratulations Susan, and thank you for your inspiration.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Susan
    It's inspiring to hear good news of longevity in survivorship. I hope to check off the years as they come along. Thanks for sharing.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    Celebrate!
    So, since this is between 5 years "longER term" and 10 years "long term" survival, you're a longERRRR term survivor. Congratulations! (I'm a little past 2 years, but definitely looking forward to more).
    -rainbow4
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Thank you so much, Susan.
    Thank you so much, Susan. It always gives me hope to meet survivors...

Judy
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    How wonderful!!
    I am so happy for you! You have provided so much hope and wisdom for us, thank you. And my wish is for so many more anniversaries that you can't even count them.

Sue
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Yes, you are a survivor and an inspiration!
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Susan
    That is a great milestone. I hope to be here when you reach 15 or even 20. I am glad you let us know that longer term survival is there for us.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

Susan
    That is a great milestone. I hope to be here when you reach 15 or even 20. I am glad you let us know that longer term survival is there for us.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Congratulations, Susan..
    Thank you for providing proof and hope for so many of us -- that there is 'life' after our breast cancer diagnosis - treatments - surgeries - pain - angry - and disbelief.

Hoping you, Susan another 80 years of dancing with 'NED'.

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Congrats...!

Congrats...!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    :):):):):)
    Congrats!

I LOVE to read good news like yours. I hope you get many, many more years of health.