Pinkkari09, how is chemo going for you? Check in please!

Options
13»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

17 year survivor
    Kari-
    I just wanted to let you know that I learned of a woman in my neck of the woods who is a 17-year Stage IV (yes, Stage IV) survivor. She was married when first diagnosed, the jerk left her, she had a recurrence (became Stage IV), had further treatments, became active in the BC community, met a man whom she married (when she was Stage IV) and lived happily ever after.

May you have a similar story.

Love,
    Suzanne

Thanks for your post
    Thanks for your post Suzanne! Very inspiring!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Glad to hear that it is
    Glad to hear that it is going okay. Post when you can but take care of yourself first. I love your new picture you all look so good. Beautiful bride.

Prayers and hugs!
    ~Carol

So sorry Kari that this
    So sorry Kari that this chemo is a bumpy road for you! You just rest and keep that fighting, positive attitude!

Hugs, Diane
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

I'm Here, I'm Here.
    Sorry for taking so long to update everyone, the internet was down a day and I've been resting as much as possible. I started the Gemcitibine/Carboplatin chemo's last Monday, and it's been a bumpy ride, fatigue, nausea, dehydrated....but nothing that I can't get under control. Maybe, what I'm trying to say is, it could be better, but it could be worse, and with that being said, I'm ok :) I pray for all of this board everyday and now I need to try to get caught up on how the rest of you are doing. I feel like a "Bad, BC Buddy" so I'm going to give it my all to try and get to more posts more often, because you are all so important to me.
    Back in the fight and in it to win it,
    Kari

In It To Win It!
    Awww, Kari... Please, take the very best care of YOURSELF! The board is here 24/7. Check in only when it's comfortable and convenient for YOU.

I'll continue to HOPE for ya.

Kind regards, Susan
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options

I'm Here, I'm Here.
    Sorry for taking so long to update everyone, the internet was down a day and I've been resting as much as possible. I started the Gemcitibine/Carboplatin chemo's last Monday, and it's been a bumpy ride, fatigue, nausea, dehydrated....but nothing that I can't get under control. Maybe, what I'm trying to say is, it could be better, but it could be worse, and with that being said, I'm ok :) I pray for all of this board everyday and now I need to try to get caught up on how the rest of you are doing. I feel like a "Bad, BC Buddy" so I'm going to give it my all to try and get to more posts more often, because you are all so important to me.
    Back in the fight and in it to win it,
    Kari

Kari, it's good to see your
    Kari, it's good to see your update. Sorry the chemo is kinda tough on you but you are one strong, positive sister and I'm hoping with all hope that this is the combination that will do it in once and for all. I, too, love your spirit and if you don't mind may borrow your saying "back in the fight and in it to win it". I love that and am hoping for the absolute best for YOU. Keep us posted when you are able. Sending love and (((hugs))).
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

In It To Win It!
    Awww, Kari... Please, take the very best care of YOURSELF! The board is here 24/7. Check in only when it's comfortable and convenient for YOU.

I'll continue to HOPE for ya.

Kind regards, Susan

You are amazing Kari! I am
    You are amazing Kari! I am here for you!

Hugs, Kylez
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Kari, it's good to see your
    Kari, it's good to see your update. Sorry the chemo is kinda tough on you but you are one strong, positive sister and I'm hoping with all hope that this is the combination that will do it in once and for all. I, too, love your spirit and if you don't mind may borrow your saying "back in the fight and in it to win it". I love that and am hoping for the absolute best for YOU. Keep us posted when you are able. Sending love and (((hugs))).

Been thinking about you and praying for you
    Glad that first one is behind you. I'm hoping the next ones are easier and kick the beast's butt big time. Try to rest and relax as much as possible. You're such a fighter--we all get inspiration from your strong spirit.

Take good care, Kari.

Hugs, Renee
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Been thinking about you and praying for you
    Glad that first one is behind you. I'm hoping the next ones are easier and kick the beast's butt big time. Try to rest and relax as much as possible. You're such a fighter--we all get inspiration from your strong spirit.

Take good care, Kari.

Hugs, Renee

I am adding you to our
    I am adding you to our prayer list at church Kari. I hope that is alright with you!

Hugs, Kylez
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

I am adding you to our
    I am adding you to our prayer list at church Kari. I hope that is alright with you!

Hugs, Kylez

you are never far from my
    you are never far from my thoughts kari!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    carkris said:

you are never far from my
    you are never far from my thoughts kari!

Keep posting Kari so we know
    Keep posting Kari so we know how you are doing on your chemo.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs, Megan