I accidentally de-accessed my port, grrr

Options
daBeachBum
daBeachBum Member Posts: 164
I was bending over putting on a shirt a bit ago and had my pump on the bed. I didn't allow enough slack in my port line and unhooked myself. I was half tempted to use my supplies and glove up and clean the port and my chest area and plug myself in, but thought better of it and called Home Infusion. They are sending someone out, but it may be a while.

What a bonehead!

PS. I finally added a picture. Rather than subject y'all to just my ugly mug, I softened the blow and picked one with mah girl in it too. And to answer your question, I don't what's she's doing with me either! ;-p

Comments

• Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    I had that happen once. The
    I had that happen once. The tape they used to secure the needle, I ended up being allergic to and scratching the wrong way, too close to the needle, too rough and wham it was out. While I waited for the infusion nurse I scratched to my hearts content! She then spent over an hour getting the area better protected so I wouldn't go nuts with it.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Out of the Shadows.....
    ....and into the light:)

Nice to "see you" finally, Ray. A woman always softens the picture, doesn't it?

You look good - almost sophisticated:) LOL!!!

Suit and tie does serve you well, buddy.

I almost had my golden retriever "deaccess" me one day when he got tangled up in my line before I went to bed. I pulled it all out to get some room to sleep - he saw me and came charging. I had to pin him to the floor (no easy task with this lively boy) until my wife could help me get untangled, or it would have been an "ouch" for sure.

And I just called myself a bonehead in the current chapter I'm writing - so it's good to know there is more than one of us. har-har-har-de-har-har:)

See you/Craig
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

Out of the Shadows.....
    ....and into the light:)

Nice to "see you" finally, Ray. A woman always softens the picture, doesn't it?

You look good - almost sophisticated:) LOL!!!

Suit and tie does serve you well, buddy.

I almost had my golden retriever "deaccess" me one day when he got tangled up in my line before I went to bed. I pulled it all out to get some room to sleep - he saw me and came charging. I had to pin him to the floor (no easy task with this lively boy) until my wife could help me get untangled, or it would have been an "ouch" for sure.

And I just called myself a bonehead in the current chapter I'm writing - so it's good to know there is more than one of us. har-har-har-de-har-har:)

See you/Craig

For the longest time, Every
    For the longest time, Every time I got out of bed to use the loo, I would forget my buddy! I almost dropped it in the commode a few times!
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I almost had that happen a few times...
    Too much in a hurry to get out of the shower, out of bed for one of those emergency runs to the bathroom, or whatever. I swear, those lines aren't long enough!! I'm glad you didn't try to put it back in yourself, though. :)
  • Connie43
    Connie43 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    port
    I will be extra careful now. I sometimes get tangled up turning over at night. I have only 4 more treatments to go and am anxious to get it done and over with.