WTF?

Options
2»

Comments

• Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I would be very angry
    I would have had a few words for the oncologist that can't be written here! I expect honesty! Right now I am pushing to get my FULL results from my PET/CT instead of just the "for example" telling me what is up with two of my retroperitoneal nodes. I didn't get clear answers last scan or this scan, but have my colon cnacer nurse navigator working on it for me. Sometimes they make decisions like "it is too small to know, so we'll just ignore it for now and see what happens" or "it doesn't matter if it is 3 modes or 50, we'll treat it the same way" so we don't get full disclosure. It is our RIGHT to have full disclosure always!

I am sort of wondering why you didn't alternate scans and get a PET/CT this time if the last CT was inconclusive? They could compare what was seen before, and see if there is metabolic activity in those areas or not. I'm hoping your onc is right and these are benign and nothing to be concerned about, but you still have the right to know about them and follow-up to get as much info as you can. I'm glad you are being such a good advocate for yourself!
  • marqimark
    marqimark Member Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    WTF is right
    I would like to know why my onc would tell me two different CT results, TOO!!!!!!

I would be so scared and angry!

I hope the spots are nothing to worry about, though how you couldn't worry.......

Best of luck.