Thank you from a lurker

I was diagnosed with endometrial adenocarcinoma in June, and I immediately began searching the internet for more information. I found this group, and I've checked in daily and read many postings.

Well, fast forward to the end of July. I had a hysterectomy on June 22 (DaVinci), and I've been doing really well. I saw my gyn/onc last week, and I received wonderful news. My cancer was stage I, and at this point, I don't have to have any treatment. I will, of course, see her quite often, and she wants me to have a colonoscopy as soon as I can arrange one.

I want to say thank you to all of you who post your experiences and your expertise here. As a result of reading this discussion forum, I've changed my diet radically. I have always been a big fan of junk food, and Coca-Cola and I have had a long love affair. I've almost completely cut the junk food and cokes from diet. I'm eating well, and I've lost weight, too! I also went to my surgery and subsequent visits with the doctor with a calmer state of mind than I would have had without visiting this site. I knew that I would be able to handle anything that came my way because so many of you had already shown me how to do so with dignity, strength, and good humor.

I don't feel that I have a lot to contribute to discussions here, but I have certainly learned a great deal, and I hope to continue to learn. Thank you for being here.

Gwen

Comments

• upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    I haven't been posting a lot
    I haven't been posting a lot lately but do check in regularly - I like to keep up on all the great ladies here and keep learning myself. Thank you for taking the time to say hi and am so glad you can get on with your life! I hope the healthy changes you have made allow you to live well and keep cancer out of your life forever.
    Annie
  • Susan53
    Susan53 Member Posts: 178
    Endo. Adenocarcinoma
    I also had stage 1 uterine cancer along with ovarian cancer also stage 1 and appendix cancer stage 1. These were all 3 different primary cancers. I did have the big hyst. - debulking surgery last Sept. I had to have chemo for the ovarian cancer and internal radiation for the uterine cancer. The internal radiation is called Brachy Therapy. My doctor said the radiation would take the chance for reoccurance of the uterine cancer from a 15% chance to a 3 % chance. I was very blessed that the 3 cancers were discovered in stage 1 , but with different grades . I know that God was with me all the way on my journey.These discussion boards are a very good learning tool. I also would like to commend all the brave teal sisters.