Update Dennis not doing well

Options
Patti1
Patti1 Member Posts: 109 Member
Hello all.so sorry for not posting sooner.I am staying in our camper near the hospital where Dennis is and no internet. Dennis is out of IKCU and all the procedures in the last 2 weeks have failed. He also has got a nasty bacterial infection. £hey have talked to us about hospice. We have chosen to go home where he is more comfortable that should occur end of week as we have a lot to set up.This all sucks and I am scared. I am trying so hard to be strong for him I pray I can do this for him.I want to thank. All of you for all the years of support you all have gave me. Love you all..Patti

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    So very sorry
    Oh, dear. I'm so sorry to read this. You will both be in my prayers.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    (((((Patti)))))
    My thoughts are with you and Dennis.....Ron.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

(((((Patti)))))
    My thoughts are with you and Dennis.....Ron.

So Sorry! You are both in
    So Sorry! You are both in my prayers! One step at a time, ok!! You can do it! Big hug!!!!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

So Sorry! You are both in
    So Sorry! You are both in my prayers! One step at a time, ok!! You can do it! Big hug!!!!

Sending prayers from here Patti!
    god bless you both!
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Dear Patti
    So very sorry to hear that Dennis is not doing well.

You are a special lady handling a difficult time. I am sure that Dennis knows how lucky he is to have you there by his side.

My thoughts and prayers are for you both.

Marie who loves kitties
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    *HUGS* to you Patti
    I am so sorry to hear this, you will be strong I know it...I am saying a special prayer for both of you...My heart just breaks for you and Dennis....

God Bless you both
    HUGS
    Beth
  • rogina2336
    rogina2336 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Prayers!!!! and more
    Prayers!!!! and more prayers!!!! Kim
  • jasminsaba
    jasminsaba Member Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You're in my thoughts ...
    and prayers. Stay strong.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Patti
    Try and stay strong, my thoughts go out to you and Dennis.
    -phil
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm so
    I'm so sorry to hear the news.It is very hard to stay strong,so what ever we can do to help.I will keep you in my prayers.
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Options
    Sending loving prayers
    I am sending loving prayers your way. You are in our thoughts....

Tara
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    I'm sorry to hear this, Patti. I will be praying for strength for you and for minimal pain for Dennis, as well as emotional and spiritual readiness.

Take care & keep in touch on the board-

Lisa
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    Options
    I'm sorry
    I'm sorry Patti - please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You have my personal email address - email me with anything.

Sandi
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    So sorry you both are dealing with this. Just hope that he is more comfortable at home, which I'm sure he will be. Will be thinking of you.

Kim
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Patti1 -

Take a look here:

The Syracuse Cancer Research Institute

Although I'm an advocate for Traditional Chinese Medicine,
    I have this chemical (HS) on hand, just in case everything else
    fails. It's -very- inexpensive.

(The center does not sell anything; it is a non-profit)

Don't ever give up. There are more options that you would
    believe, and at this juncture, anything is worth a try.

John
  • toyfox
    toyfox Member Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sorry
    I'm so sorry....my heart goes out to you.
    Linda
  • Patti1
    Patti1 Member Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    toyfox said:

Sorry
    I'm so sorry....my heart goes out to you.
    Linda

Dennis is Home
    Just a quick update, and a big thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. Dennis is home now, and Hospice is here helping us all out, they are angels in disguise. Dennis is happy to be home, as that is what he expressed to me in the hospital,is that he wanted to go home. He seems to be at peace here at home and they are doing a wonderful job in controlling his pain. I am giving it all that I have, I think im half numb. After being a caregiver for 5 years, I always saw light end the end of the tunnel, this time the tunnel is dark. Thank you all again for the strength you all give me.

Patti
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Patti1 said:

Dennis is Home
    Just a quick update, and a big thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. Dennis is home now, and Hospice is here helping us all out, they are angels in disguise. Dennis is happy to be home, as that is what he expressed to me in the hospital,is that he wanted to go home. He seems to be at peace here at home and they are doing a wonderful job in controlling his pain. I am giving it all that I have, I think im half numb. After being a caregiver for 5 years, I always saw light end the end of the tunnel, this time the tunnel is dark. Thank you all again for the strength you all give me.

Patti

Praying
    I'm so sorry about how it has ultimately turned out, but it's wonderful that Dennis can be home, as he wishes. Praying for comfort for you, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Praying
    I'm so sorry about how it has ultimately turned out, but it's wonderful that Dennis can be home, as he wishes. Praying for comfort for you, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail

Hugs and prayers from here patti!
    Hugs!
  • rogina2336
    rogina2336 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Patti1 said:

Dennis is Home

Patti

Hopes and Prayers. Kim

Hopes and Prayers. Kim