Hi I was diagnosed in May 2011 ,2 weeks after having my 3rd child

I was diagnosed with stage 2B Hodgkins ,I have been a nervous wreck, but I kept pushing them to start treatments asap, by the time my 6 week maternity leave was up I had several ABVD treatments and was wearing a wig.(wasnt exactly the maternity leave I planned).The sales reps that come in the office at my work will say "oh theres something different about your hair than before you had the baby ",lol. After my 2nd cycle or 4th chemo-she wanted another PET scan, It was clear ,Thank God, and she (my oncologist) said instead of 6 cycle we will cut it down to 4 total. Is that normal, my friend had the same 12 years ago but she had 6, Im also so confused about doing the radiation or not , I met with the radiation oncologist 2 weeks ago and he said oh you can go either way with it ! Im so ready to be over this but still so very anxious and scared, I have an appt with my regular oncologist next week . I mean I feel like Iv been in a daze the past few months between going back to work , the 3 kids (one a newborn ) and the chemo and constant anxiety .Im so glad I found this group.

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Welcome Jennifer...
    Hi Jennifer..I'm glad you found the group also. You certainly have your hands full and my heart goes out to you. Cancer is very scary and we all know exactly how you are feeling. I was diagnosed a year ago in June with Follicular NHL. My chemo was CVP-R, which is different from ABVD. I had 6 treatments, Hopefully someone will jump in thats done ABVD with radiation and help you out with your questions.I din't have radiation. You will find alot of support here. so keep coming back. Maybe your doctor can give you a low dose of antianxiety medication until you get through treatments...can't hurt to ask. Take care and let us know how your doing. Much love...Sue
    (FNHL-grade2-stage3-typeA-age 60)
  • Tracie1981
    Tracie1981 Member Posts: 125
    allmost60 said:

Welcome Jennifer...
    Hi Jennifer..I'm glad you found the group also. You certainly have your hands full and my heart goes out to you. Cancer is very scary and we all know exactly how you are feeling. I was diagnosed a year ago in June with Follicular NHL. My chemo was CVP-R, which is different from ABVD. I had 6 treatments, Hopefully someone will jump in thats done ABVD with radiation and help you out with your questions.I din't have radiation. You will find alot of support here. so keep coming back. Maybe your doctor can give you a low dose of antianxiety medication until you get through treatments...can't hurt to ask. Take care and let us know how your doing. Much love...Sue

Hi
    I was also diagnosed within two weeks of having my 4th child... Yes 4th lol. I did one cycle of ICE and 6 cycles (12 treatments) of ABVD and 7 weeks of radiation. If your oncologist says that you dont need anymore, then I would trust him. I had special circumstances my tumor was extremely large and ended up displacing my heart. Ever since having my treatments I've had several side effects, heart problems, stomach issues and bone pain. I've fought with this for the past year since ending my treatment. I'm only 30 and hoping this wont be a long term thing. Sometimes having less is more beneficial. Goodluck and God Bless :) Tracie
  • jenniferr1
    jenniferr1 Member Posts: 3
    allmost60 said:

Welcome Jennifer...

Thank you Sue and Tracie

Thank you Sue and Tracie
  • aburcar
    aburcar Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jennifer I too have
    Hi Jennifer I too have Hodgkins 2B I was diagnosed in June of 2011 I just finished my 5 treatment. My PET scan came up clean too (Yea!!)
    I am going to do 2 more cycles or 4 (3 now) more treatments of chemo, then 20 radiation treatments. So it sounds like our oncologists are going to the same direction. I am glad I found your post because I am also very nervous and have felt super out of it for the past few months... It is good to hear that others are essentially receiving the same plan of care! take care of yourself and hope you get through this quickly and as painlessly as possible!
    Amanda
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573

Thank you Sue and Tracie

Thank you Sue and Tracie

Jennifer and Amanda
    Hi
    I am so sorry you are having to deal with this with such a young family. Hodgekins is very curable. Trust your Dr. Don't compare your diagnosis with someone else. If you can get by with less treatment and your Dr. reccommends it than do that. I never had radiation and hope I never need it. I had Stage 3 Follicular lymphoma diagnosed in Jan 2009. I have a PET scan Wed. Take care of yourself, try to get enough rest and stay away from people who are sick. God bless both of you on your journey. I have been back teaching since Sept 2009. I feel blessed to feel well. Joanie
  • aburcar
    aburcar Member Posts: 2
    JoanieP said:

Jennifer and Amanda
    Hi
    I am so sorry you are having to deal with this with such a young family. Hodgekins is very curable. Trust your Dr. Don't compare your diagnosis with someone else. If you can get by with less treatment and your Dr. reccommends it than do that. I never had radiation and hope I never need it. I had Stage 3 Follicular lymphoma diagnosed in Jan 2009. I have a PET scan Wed. Take care of yourself, try to get enough rest and stay away from people who are sick. God bless both of you on your journey. I have been back teaching since Sept 2009. I feel blessed to feel well. Joanie

Thank you Joanie! God bless
    Thank you Joanie! God bless you as well!! I will be sending lots of good thoughts your way on Wednesday!!