Options
2»

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Didn't have that chemo
    But glad you are able to find a happy place in your garden.

Have thought about you several times and hope that taking the "step back" and really focusing on your treatment will help.

Will keep sending positive thoughts your way,

Jennifer

I don't have any advice or
    I don't have any advice or help on these chemos as I never had chemo, but, I will be praying for you Kari.

Your picture is beautiful and you are inside and out Kari!

Hugs,

Lex
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Hey Gorgeous!
    It's so nice to hear from you. And I am glad you are taking it really easy. This upcoming
    battle will take lots and lots out of you, this way you can direct all your strength to where
    it needs to be.

I love that you spend time in your happy place. Nature is so soothing and inspiring, it will
    help you heal. But remember from time to time, we too need your attention.

Love,
    Ayse
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    aysemari said:

Hey Gorgeous!
    It's so nice to hear from you. And I am glad you are taking it really easy. This upcoming
    battle will take lots and lots out of you, this way you can direct all your strength to where
    it needs to be.

I love that you spend time in your happy place. Nature is so soothing and inspiring, it will
    help you heal. But remember from time to time, we too need your attention.

Love,
    Ayse

Finding something like your
    Finding something like your garden that makes you feel good and relaxed is so important Kari. I am very happy that you have that.

Are you done with rads now? I'm sorry that they were so horrible for you.

What did your oncologist say yesterday?

Praying for you!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Hi Kari

I did 12 of the Abraxane and unfortunatly it did not do what they hoped, my tumors kept growing. The good part was that it was relatively mild. I had it on Wednesday, and by Friday I was so exhausted that I slept most of the day. But by Saturday afternoon I was feeling better. My onco said that the Abraxane was the preferred treatment with mets to the bones, it just didn't work on me.

Compared to Erubulin which is what I am on now, Abraxane was mild, although while I was having it, I didn't think so! This one is kicking my bum really hard, I am down 4-5 days a week with it. But I have 2 good days each week and every third week no chemo, which is heavenly. So I will take 12 - 14 good days a month.

Like you, there was no was physically or emotionally that I could continue working, so I now enjoy each day that I feel good!

Good luck with your decision, and let us know what you decide!

Prayers and good wishes to you and your family.
    ~Carol

You look so beautiful at
    You look so beautiful at your daughters wedding. You are in my prayers Kari. Let us know how your chemo goes for you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • jnl
    Options
    camul said:

Hi Kari

I did 12 of the Abraxane and unfortunatly it did not do what they hoped, my tumors kept growing. The good part was that it was relatively mild. I had it on Wednesday, and by Friday I was so exhausted that I slept most of the day. But by Saturday afternoon I was feeling better. My onco said that the Abraxane was the preferred treatment with mets to the bones, it just didn't work on me.

Compared to Erubulin which is what I am on now, Abraxane was mild, although while I was having it, I didn't think so! This one is kicking my bum really hard, I am down 4-5 days a week with it. But I have 2 good days each week and every third week no chemo, which is heavenly. So I will take 12 - 14 good days a month.

Like you, there was no was physically or emotionally that I could continue working, so I now enjoy each day that I feel good!

Good luck with your decision, and let us know what you decide!

Prayers and good wishes to you and your family.
    ~Carol

You look so beautiful at
    You look so beautiful at your daughters wedding. You are in my prayers Kari. Let us know how your chemo goes for you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • jnl
    Options
    Kylez said:

You look so beautiful in
    You look so beautiful in your new picture Kari, but, you always did! I'm so glad that you decided to take treatment, even though it is kicking your behind! You stay strong and rely on us if you need support and encouragement.

I'll be looking for your post Monday about your chemo plan.

Hugs and More Hugs,

Kylez

And Kari, please do keep
    And Kari, please do keep posting so we know how you are doing.

Love,Leeza
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    susie09 said:

Finding something like your
    Finding something like your garden that makes you feel good and relaxed is so important Kari. I am very happy that you have that.

Are you done with rads now? I'm sorry that they were so horrible for you.

What did your oncologist say yesterday?

Praying for you!

Kari, how did the
    Kari, how did the appointment go with your doctor?
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

You look so beautiful at

Hugs, Leeza

Wondering also if you have
    Wondering also if you have started this chemo regime Kari?
  • manisa
    manisa Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Abraxene
    This is my third reoccurance and had chosen Abraxene. The only issue I had was the neropathy that the pain meds helped. I did not get sick which to me was great. My cbc was good through the whole thing, no dehydration, no vomiting but did lose my hair. Since taking the CMF and AC the Abraxene was a breeze. I did get fatigued but my body needed rest. I am done with Abraxene now for four months and go do my herceptin since this time it was Her positive. I still at times get neropathy but that could also be due to my vitiam d issues. I am not sue what the other chemo does or the side effects but glad I choose the Abraxene. I wish you luck and great health.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

I had 3 different types of
    I had 3 different types of chemo Taxotere, Carboplatin and Herceptin(TCH)(3), FEC 100(2) and Abraxane(1). My onc tried everything because I was having such a rough time with "Big D" and dehydration. The recoupe time was quicker with the Abraxane. It was the last one that I took. Best I can remember, no Nuelasta shot with the Abraxane.

We live in Florida and we do our garden in the winter. It is too hot for the vegs we plant to grown in the summer. My husband says that I am the Migrant and he is the Farmer because I do the picken and he does the plantin.

Hugs

Donna

Hoping you will let us know
    Hoping you will let us know how your oncologist's appointment went for you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Hi Kari
    I am not a doctor, however I did a little research about these drugs/combinations. "Paclitaxel is sold under name Taxol. A newer formulation, in which paclitaxel is bound to albumin, is sold under the trademark Abraxane" . It seems like Abraxane has the same active ingredient as Taxol. As far as I remember you already have had Taxol two years ago. Please ask your doctors questions. I am sure you want effective treatment being confident that Chemo drug you are taking is efficacious against cancer.

Good luck with your appointment. We are always here for you.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

I don't know anything about
    I don't know anything about chemo as I never had it Kari. I do wish you the best of luck with your treatment!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Hi Kari
    I am not a doctor, however I did a little research about these drugs/combinations. "Paclitaxel is sold under name Taxol. A newer formulation, in which paclitaxel is bound to albumin, is sold under the trademark Abraxane" . It seems like Abraxane has the same active ingredient as Taxol. As far as I remember you already have had Taxol two years ago. Please ask your doctors questions. I am sure you want effective treatment being confident that Chemo drug you are taking is efficacious against cancer.

Good luck with your appointment. We are always here for you.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Sending lots of good wishes
    Sending lots of good wishes and prayers to you Kari!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Your happy place
    is also in your mind. Try to go there (to your garden) figuratively when you are feeling down. It may help a bit. I know that this must be so so difficult. I can actually feel the dread for you, but try to look at it in small bits. Check the chemos off your list. One at a time. You made it through the radiation this time and chemo and radiation before. You can do this. Keep your chin up. You are going to get through this. You are strong.

Best,
    Clementine
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kari!!!
    So good to find you here! Though I'm sorry for all you're currently facing. Can't help with your specific chemo questions.

Am VERY glad that you've decided to again fight back with all you can. And sincerely HOPE with all my heart that your current/future treatments will bring you into NED/remission, forever.

I, too, am an avid gardener. And describe it as my most importantly beneficial holistic therapy. Tending the garden provides me with inner peace. :-)

With big hugs backatcha, and...

Kind regards, Susan
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Kari
    Thanks so much for your update. Glad you're taking some time off from school and work to focus on YOU. Hopefully your new chemo regimen will stop the beast in its tracks. PS Your wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous! Hugs and prayers, Linda
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Your happy place
    is also in your mind. Try to go there (to your garden) figuratively when you are feeling down. It may help a bit. I know that this must be so so difficult. I can actually feel the dread for you, but try to look at it in small bits. Check the chemos off your list. One at a time. You made it through the radiation this time and chemo and radiation before. You can do this. Keep your chin up. You are going to get through this. You are strong.

Best,
    Clementine

You've been on my mind Kari
    You've been on my mind Kari and I am hoping that your new treatment isn't too hard on you.

Do keep posting so we know how you are feeling.

Big hugs and prayers,

Debby