Hi mates it is FRIDAY any interesting plan for the weekend? newbies welcomed to post here!

Options
2»

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Great Phil ,I tried to swim this weekend but this year the sea
    is still quite cold and I like warm waters so let's see in august when sea use to reach 23 degrees here,I'm a kind of tropical guy! hahaha !
    How was Harry potter? hugs!

The Sea
    can be cold. My sister was at the NJ shore last week and the water was 57°F. Very cold for late July. My pool is around 85° but it hit 90° on Friday. I use solar energy to heat it, works great!
    Harry Potter was incredible. I really enjoyed this movie the most out of all of them.
    It's the classic story of Good vs Evil. This one was in 3D which made many parts of it visually cool. I found myself flinching a few times so I wouldn't get hit by anything!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

Water parks
    Today is Sunday and we are about to leave for our church's family day at the Wave Waterpark. The whole place is reserved for our church & it's just $5 a person or $20 per family max- don't know if the church is paying for part of it or not.
    Funny thing, we had forgotten about this & went to a water park for free yesterday- Wild Rivers in Irvine, CA. The usual admission is over $30, but we got 4 free tickets when my husband bought new tires for his car at Evans Tires. Pretty cool deal!

Lisa

just got back
    Just got back from the water park and out to dinner. It would have been fun but the weather turned kind of cold & so we froze after getting wet (it was 6-8 pm & it cooled down as evening approached). California gets its usual "summer" weather in August and September- July usually isn't that hot. Hate to say that as the midwest & east are roasting in the heat wave.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options
    thxmiker said:

It was a Nightmare! lol
    The

It was a Nightmare! lol

The family whom owns the restaurant decided that they are also performers. They kept interrupting dinner with really amatuer "greek" dancing. The food was OK at best and for $30 a person the dinner should have been pretty top notch. The desert to finish dinner was a week old. Blah

Else, we had a laugh. Laurie and I made quiet jokes about the entire ordeal. The couple next to us over heard us and joined in the jovaial mood. Overall a good night.

Best Always, mike

Well you know Greeks are in real troubles they do what
    they can! LOL. Did they break dishes while dancing Mike?.
  • pepebcn
    Options
    PhillieG said:

The Sea
    can be cold. My sister was at the NJ shore last week and the water was 57°F. Very cold for late July. My pool is around 85° but it hit 90° on Friday. I use solar energy to heat it, works great!
    Harry Potter was incredible. I really enjoyed this movie the most out of all of them.
    It's the classic story of Good vs Evil. This one was in 3D which made many parts of it visually cool. I found myself flinching a few times so I wouldn't get hit by anything!

85 round good for me tropical temperature hahahaha!
    here yesterday the sea was arround 60 so will wait!.
    You have convinced me will see HP.3D. this weekend!
    Hugs Mate!
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    Last weekend in Vermont
    And I spent it at the Shelborne Museum, was a great place, it litterally took 2 days to see it and we still didnt get to see all of it. So many displays from the past, it was truly awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Burlington, VT. I go home this week, looking forward to seeing Wendy and my kids....

HUGS
    Beth
  • pepebcn
    Options
    lisa42 said:

just got back
    Just got back from the water park and out to dinner. It would have been fun but the weather turned kind of cold & so we froze after getting wet (it was 6-8 pm & it cooled down as evening approached). California gets its usual "summer" weather in August and September- July usually isn't that hot. Hate to say that as the midwest & east are roasting in the heat wave.

Weather it's been so strange here as well Lisa!
    Cut not swim in the sea yet! so cold this year! .
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    Options
    dorookie said:

Last weekend in Vermont
    And I spent it at the Shelborne Museum, was a great place, it litterally took 2 days to see it and we still didnt get to see all of it. So many displays from the past, it was truly awesome. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Burlington, VT. I go home this week, looking forward to seeing Wendy and my kids....

HUGS
    Beth

I just took a look to the museum in the Internet!
    So interesting and eclectic isn't ?.
    Hugs Beth!
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    pepebcn said:

I just took a look to the museum in the Internet!
    So interesting and eclectic isn't ?.
    Hugs Beth!

Very Much so
    Eclectic is a great word to describe it. Its many buildings and when you walk inside you never know what to expect, one building had an old rifle collection, the next had animal heads on the wall, one had horse drawn carriages, one had quilts, one had old dolls from all over the world, one had old toys, one was an old school house, one had very eclectic pieces of what one could call art, many different styles and shapes of buildings, oh one had old printing machines that one was way cool, one had things from Barmum and Baileys circus ,things that are just wonderful, so much history. We went into a memorial of the owners, and they had 4 count them 4 orignal Monet paintings, now how many people can say they have seen 4 original monet's? It was awesome....

again I highly recommend it. And it had old trains way cool....

HUGS
    Beth