latest ct scan results

Options
My latest ct scan results were discussed just before my 5th infusion of wicthes brew.
I think that this is the most excited I have ever seen him. My primary tumor in the espohagus has gone from 13 cm to 6 cm all my mets are stable not bigger nor smaller at this reading. There are no new mets observed.
treatment plan is one more infusion of the same as the prior 5. then we shut down chemo and I get another pet scan and then a heart scan to make sure it's still in great shape like it has been. the we start a radiation treatment along with the infusion I have been on. Dr U said that patients that have progressed as quickly with the treatment I have been undergoing respond to the addition of radiation treatment by the tumors shrinking back to minimum size and go into long term remission. Before y'all go into a frenzy,he did say that is statistical and there is no promise that I will attain this level,but it would be well worth the try if i agree.
After researching the rest of yestreday and most of last night into the early morning I could find nothing substiantial to convince me that it is not worth a try.
Any thoughts???

Comments

• txeagle_54
    txeagle_54 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    another question
    Does anyone here have type 2 diabetes and had radiation treatment? anything i need to watch for. the steroids i get with my normal infusion shoots my blood sugar levels over the moon. I have to take massive doses of novalog and lantus just to get to 200 or below so I don't lose too many cells and harm my vision.
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Options

another question
    Does anyone here have type 2 diabetes and had radiation treatment? anything i need to watch for. the steroids i get with my normal infusion shoots my blood sugar levels over the moon. I have to take massive doses of novalog and lantus just to get to 200 or below so I don't lose too many cells and harm my vision.

Type 2 diabetes
    Quite a problem with sugar. His diabetes was well controlled by diet alone. No problems. Then, the jtube feedings with sugar. They switched to the lowest carb mixture out there. Then, we had to control with lantus and insulin depending on the level. All of that went away when he had the surgery and returned to food. No problem now. Sugar at around 100--a little up; a little down. We monitored it at least twice a day or more if concerned.