For those of you following the story of Ray (Jr.)

rose20
rose20 Member Posts: 258
edited July 2011 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hello everyone! I haven't posted in a while and see some are wondering where I have been, but (thank God!) there is nothing new to post on my brother.
Jr. has been doing much better since they are keeping him hydrated every week and he seems to be tolerating the lower dosage of chemo. We all know it is pretty much a wait and see disease for many.
After he gets through this treatment of chemo he will be retested to see how the chemo is working on the remainder of the tumor.
He still can only eat very little at a time and still only very soft foods.
He lost quite a bit more weight but yesterday he said he actually gained one pound.
He is just thankful for each day God gives him.
He knows it is God keeping him because all the doctors have told him he should have been gone months ago, they did not expect him to make it this far, but here he is.

It is good to read the good reports on here like Jimbo, who is recovering nicely from his MIE surgery. Good news is always so refreshing and revives the hope.

But I also see many new ones here that have been recently diagnosed and just beginning this journey.

My prayers are with you all and how can I thank those of you who really took the time out of your own lives to pray for my brother.
May God rain down on you extra blessings!!

I read an article on "Helpers in Prayer"
Speaking of how we need each other's prayers.
I believe this gets God's attention when he hears our sincere prayers not for just ourselves but for others.

May God hold each of you in His loving arms and remember one day at a time and one of the most dear scriptures, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Glad to hear Ray is doing better
    Rose,

It is nice to hear that Ray is doing better. I know his doctors are surprised that he is still with us. He a very strong man to withstand all he has been through.

May God continue to watch over him and give him strength.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    I am so glad
    Dear Rose,

I am so glad to hear that Ray, Jr. is doing so well. I do think about him and you often and wondered about him. You are all in my prayers daily. Thank you for giving us a update.

Linda
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Rose, I was wondering where
    Rose, I was wondering where you were, and was hoping we hadn't heard anything because things were going well for Ray. So happy to hear he is getting along well. Tell him to keep his chin up and we will continue to pray!
    Cheryl