Phoenix - Haboob - Bob Dylan

Options
Buckwirth
Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
Flew to Phoenix for a business trip yesterday (did a group presentation with the Winemaker this morning). First time traveling on a full chemo week (Irinotecan and Erbitux) so I was not quite sure how it would go, and it turned out pretty well.

Phoenix is not an ideal place to visit in the summer. While it stayed under 110, I did experience my first haboob (dust storm). From the plane it was quite the site, with dust rising up about a mile into the air.

About three hours before the flight, the winemaker calls and asks if I want to go see Bob Dylan! He managed to find tickets, fifth row, center stage!

All in all a good trip!

Comments

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Nice! I lived in Phoenix 15
    Nice! I lived in Phoenix 15 years.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Neat!
    Wow! Congrats on making the trip while on chemo! And seeing Bob Dylan was your reward!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Neat!
    Wow! Congrats on making the trip while on chemo! And seeing Bob Dylan was your reward!

*hugs*
    Gail

Darn
    You forgot to let me know you were coming. Glad you didn't come during the really big dust storm a couple of weeks ago. I think it was fifty miles wide and a mile high. About three days after that one, my husband and I went out in the 110 weather and spent four hours cleaning up the patio and washing everything off. About ten minutes before we finished, another dust storm hit. I'm not cleaning up the patio again until OCTOBER.

Not a big Dylan fan, but I love his unoffical past girlfriend, Joan Baez.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • Buckwirth
    Options
    wolfen said:

Darn
    You forgot to let me know you were coming. Glad you didn't come during the really big dust storm a couple of weeks ago. I think it was fifty miles wide and a mile high. About three days after that one, my husband and I went out in the 110 weather and spent four hours cleaning up the patio and washing everything off. About ten minutes before we finished, another dust storm hit. I'm not cleaning up the patio again until OCTOBER.

Luv,

Wolfen

DARN!
    I did!

Now I'm disappointed!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    wolfen said:

Darn

Luv,

Wolfen

Dang Wolfen
    I'll be in Tucson area this weekend not Phoenix.
    Winter Marie
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

Dang Wolfen
    I'll be in Tucson area this weekend not Phoenix.
    Winter Marie

Double Darn Winter
    Leaving today for the opposite end of the state(Flagstaff). Didn't make it last weekend, so we're going now. Hope to catch you and Buck another time.

Luv,

Wolfen
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Awesome
    That must have been quite a concert. Hopefully you kept cool.

Kim
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

Awesome
    That must have been quite a concert. Hopefully you kept cool.

Kim

Like your adventure I have seen both storms on tv and looked
    like XF of a movie to me!.Once that said , are you going to continue with the European tour Saga?. hahaha. Hope yes !.
    Get fun mate!
  • Buckwirth
    Options
    pepebcn said:

Like your adventure I have seen both storms on tv and looked
    like XF of a movie to me!.Once that said , are you going to continue with the European tour Saga?. hahaha. Hope yes !.
    Get fun mate!

It will continue
    but I have not had time to write the last couple of weeks.
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I have heard Bob
    Awesome!! I have heard Bob is not always great live. I love him though. It was 105 in MN with the heat index.