HAI pump - which oncologists in Southeast, Midwest, work with MSKCC??

Options
janie1
janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
Hi. I am going to have an HAI pump implanted at Sloan-Kettering. I am trying to work out the travel and logistics. I live in GA (atl), but am willing to relocate to anywhere in the SE or Midwest, or possibly NE where an oncologist has worked with Sloan-Kettering. I will need systemic chemo as well. Anyone out there who had/has a pump and is comfortable with their local oncology staff in working with MSKCC. Thanks.

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Janie:
    Congrats on getting the pump. I thought only Sloan dealt with the pump and you had to travel there for anything to do with the "pump" etc. As far as systemic chemo, why move? I would think your local guy could administer systemic with no problem and work with Sloan. Send Phil a PM, he may have a better answer than I do, he gets treated at Sloan.

Tina
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    geotina said:

Janie:
    Congrats on getting the pump. I thought only Sloan dealt with the pump and you had to travel there for anything to do with the "pump" etc. As far as systemic chemo, why move? I would think your local guy could administer systemic with no problem and work with Sloan. Send Phil a PM, he may have a better answer than I do, he gets treated at Sloan.

Tina

Hi Tina
    Hi Tina. Your're right, I will have to go to Sloan once a month to have the pump filled, but after 2 weeks, the pump needs emptied and flushed. My onc's office hasn't worked with Sloan. But there are many offices that have. I was trying to get a feel of where and who works well with Sloan. I don't mind moving. That's the least of my worries. My husband can work from anywhere, and we had already downsized 2 years ago and are renting. I am at a critical juncture and just want to work with people who are easy to work with. I think I could rest much easier knowing that everyone is working together and are on the same page. Communication has been the worst of it so far. I hate that. (Yes, I have been communicating with Phil, and Amy, and they have been great!!)