Options
2»

Comments

• jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Pam M said:

You're InMy Thoughts
    Like many here, I lost a lot of weight during treatment, even with a PEG. Luckily for me, I was like Skiffin, and started out with extra. The ONE time it was good to be overweight. Also like Skiffin, I never had to use a pump or do feedings overnight. Obvious question, but do you have the head of his bed propped up?

Yes, I bought one of those
    Yes, I bought one of those wedge pillows as soon as he went on the feeding tube. The nausea is improving but now he has developed devere jaw pain. He has been pain free up to this point so I guess we can't complain.
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    jim and i said:

Yes, I bought one of those wedge pillows as soon as he went on the feeding tube. The nausea is improving but now he has developed devere jaw pain. He has been pain free up to this point so I guess we can't complain.

jaw pain
    is it constant or does it happen and then go away and return later?
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Greend said:

jaw pain
    is it constant or does it happen and then go away and return later?

jaw pain
    the pain is pretty much constant, worsens when he opens his mouth wide.
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    jim and i said:

Pegs and Pumps
    You may be able to very gradually increase the pump rate to deliver the calories he needs. Buzz had a pump and at first he was not getting enough calories because he could not tolerate a rate sufficient to give him enough. I understand all the anxiety you are experiencing. Even though I am an RN, I still was stressed out most of the time. Karen
  • palmyrafan
    palmyrafan Member Posts: 396
    Options
    jim and i said:

Yeah, Jim is parinoid that
    Yeah, Jim is parinoid that every thing will make him sick. He will not take pills because one hung in his throat half the day and he will not drink prune juice because that made him sick. Milk of Mag and prune juice was keeping him regular. I even offered to put it through the peg and he said NO! Prune Juice was the first thing to come up when the dehydration hit.

Juice
    You say that Jim is having problems keeping down the prune juice. Have you tried Apple Juice for regularity? It works wonders for me and I have IBS (irritable bowel). Most people can tolerate apple juice fairly well, so you might want to try it.

Just a thought.

Still sending prayers.

Hugs,
    Teresa