Update: My Rad Simulation is scheduled for this Thursday - what to expect?

Options
2»

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

Glad it went well!
    Did they put on sticky things? I was told not to soap/wash them too much since they will come off and need to be reapplied.

ellen

Hi Ellen -- They put the
    Hi Ellen -- They put the sticky things on my surgery scar, but then they removed them. All I have are the tattoos. They didn't tell me not to wash too much on that area.
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options

Hi Ellen -- They put the
    Hi Ellen -- They put the sticky things on my surgery scar, but then they removed them. All I have are the tattoos. They didn't tell me not to wash too much on that area.

Hi
    I had stickers and they

Hi
    I had stickers and they drew paint markers around them every once in a while or put on a new sticker. untill recently...in my 5th week, i had the breast reduction surgery and to make sure the markings werent messed up they went ahead and applied permanent 3 prong needle marks which i barely felt. my sister described having an mri where she had to lay with one boob through a hole while they did tests. i still have all the x's and stickers too. they have never told me i could use lotion yet & i'm almost done.
    its feels like i have a boil under my arm today after rads, cause theres a round red spot. so glad its almost over!
    Renee
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Glad it went well!
    Did they put on sticky things? I was told not to soap/wash them too much since they will come off and need to be reapplied.

ellen

Now that your simulation is
    Now that your simulation is done, you can get going on rads. I know you will do fine. Ask if you have any questions!

Good luck!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

The tatoos did not hurt ,
    The tatoos did not hurt , mine are little purple dots, they are permanent. They made a mold of your upper body, arm up. They use this later to position you. I was not covered any where else, I think the beam is pretty accurate. I always wore jean shorts with belt loops, they used these to shift me on the table, like the handles on your mattress!

There were no scans to see inside, just a mock machine where they take measurements, they then program these into the computer. It took about a week after my mock simulation before treatments started.

Wishing you the best of luck
    Wishing you the best of luck with rads!
  • Kylez
    Options

The tatoos did not hurt ,
    The tatoos did not hurt , mine are little purple dots, they are permanent. They made a mold of your upper body, arm up. They use this later to position you. I was not covered any where else, I think the beam is pretty accurate. I always wore jean shorts with belt loops, they used these to shift me on the table, like the handles on your mattress!

There were no scans to see inside, just a mock machine where they take measurements, they then program these into the computer. It took about a week after my mock simulation before treatments started.

Wishing you the best of luck
    Wishing you the best of luck with rads!
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options
    susie09 said:

Now that your simulation is
    Now that your simulation is done, you can get going on rads. I know you will do fine. Ask if you have any questions!

Good luck!

I refused the tattoos.
    Glad it went as well it did for you!
  • Kylez
    Options
    jendrey said:

I refused the tattoos.
    Glad it went as well it did for you!

I got the tattoos, but, you
    I got the tattoos, but, you can barely even see them now. They really fade fast.

Good luck to you with rads!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

I got the tattoos, but, you
    I got the tattoos, but, you can barely even see them now. They really fade fast.

Good luck to you with rads!

Thank you! I start tomorrow.
    Thank you! I start tomorrow.