Motorcycle Mama

Options
herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
Watch out world, about to go get my new little toy next week!!
Had my first motorcycle when I was 14 a cute little Yamaha 250 (my dad was a dealer for Yamaha back in the 70's and I waittressed my butt off to get it, at wholesale of course)now you have to remember I was raised in Alaska, you could waitress (I worked at the Totem Drive Inn on the Homer Spit) and get your motorcycle license at 14 (I drove the bike to the DMV, took the written test and then they asked me if I drove the bike there, and I said yes, so they said I passed the driving test and handed me my license). I've driven Triumphs, Honda's and Yamaha's (never a Harley darn it)and here I am ready to go ride in the wind again.
Livin and Lovin Life. (LMAO, still have my leathers, so I'm good to go)
Winter Marie

Comments

• herdizziness
    Options
    Crap
    Just remembered I don't own a pair of cowboy boots anymore, shoot, guess my tenny runners won't do. Off to the shoe store first I'm guessing.
    Winter Marie
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    Options

Crap
    Just remembered I don't own a pair of cowboy boots anymore, shoot, guess my tenny runners won't do. Off to the shoe store first I'm guessing.
    Winter Marie

Funny coinkidink
    I too started out with a 250...Honda though. And I'm also thinking of getting another bike after years of not having one. Time to start living life the way I want for a change, I'm thinkin! Would love to see pics of your bike when you get it :)
    Janine
  • tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options

Funny coinkidink
    I too started out with a 250...Honda though. And I'm also thinking of getting another bike after years of not having one. Time to start living life the way I want for a change, I'm thinkin! Would love to see pics of your bike when you get it :)
    Janine

AWESOME
    Let that biker girl you go girl!!!!!!!
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Which toy will it be?
    I learned to ride on a Yamaha RD400 (that old two stroke ringdingdingding), my next bike was a Suzuki GS750, followed by a Yamaha XS11. Lived near Ortega Highway and spent many weekends on that road, or in back country San Diego.

My last bike was a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. Big cruiser, not really my style, but my wife enjoyed the comfort of riding on the back.

For probably about 10 years or more my primary transportation was a motorcycle.

Stay safe, and keep the rubber on the road!
  • herdizziness
    Options
    Buckwirth said:

Which toy will it be?
    I learned to ride on a Yamaha RD400 (that old two stroke ringdingdingding), my next bike was a Suzuki GS750, followed by a Yamaha XS11. Lived near Ortega Highway and spent many weekends on that road, or in back country San Diego.

My last bike was a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. Big cruiser, not really my style, but my wife enjoyed the comfort of riding on the back.

My last bike was a GoldWing
    My last bike was a GoldWing 1200 Aspencade, before then I had the 1100 Shadow, a 650, and for quite a while a 350CB. Hated the big bikes hard as hell for me to hold them up (I dropped the 350CB a couple of times but thank goodness not the Aspencade) the one I'm picking up from my Uncle is a Honda Shadow 600. It's been a few years, about time.
    Winter Marie
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Ride On!!!
    That's great! I used to have a Yamaha 175 trail bike then I got a Suzuki 250 Street/Trail bike. My brother used to have a Harley and I know a few people who have them now. Never rode one but I did ride on my brother's. I like the bikes like that more than the "crotch rockets" some people ride. I really wish I kept my license up. I've thought of maybe getting a bike too. It's better on gas and also I like the freedom of the air.
    The thing that worries me about bikes is that there are cars on the roads too. So often people don't see you, even when I'm in a car and it's worse on a motorcycle (and REAL bad on bicycle)
    Ride On!!!
    -phil
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yikes.
    As a mom I have to say, "Please be careful!"

*hugs*
    Gail
  • SisterSledge
    SisterSledge Member Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Buckwirth said:

Which toy will it be?

Vulcan for a shorty?
    I recall seeing a Vulcan that looked low enough for my straddle and not too heavy/big...do you know what sizes they come in? I've heard good things about them.
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yamaha 250
    Enjoy life; Getting back to those good times. My son had a Yamaha 250 he rode in the early 90's. As a Mom, I thought it was an OK motorcycle. He left it parked at school with the keys in the ignition and no one took it. That says what the kids thought about it.

After he left for college We traded it in for a Yamaha snowmobile and used that for several winters snowmobiling. We just sold our two Yamaha snowmobiles for $250 a piece and kept our two Polaris Indies.

I just bought a Schwinn Collegiate 5 speed bike with a generator for lights for $30.00 at a yard sale so I too am enjoying life getting back to the days of freedom and joy on my bike.

Here is to all of us enjoying life, hitting the road and trails and enjoying nature at its best.
    NB
  • eightpawz
    eightpawz Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome back to 2 wheels
    I'm a "motorcycle mama" as well. Actually did a poker run last weekend to raise money for NF1 (look it up, it's scary). Tomorrow I'm going to look at a bigger bike. I LOVE riding. If you look at me in a bathing suit you can tell I ride. My arms, face and chest are nice and tan, my legs and stomache are pasty white. :)

-Dawn