Back to Work

Options
2»

Comments

• Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Raquel,
    I hope the first few days of work have been exciting and fun.

I want to thank you for the work posts. You have shared great information that I know has been helpful for me and am sure others have found it of use. I took the liberty of sharing a couple of your links with Sweetblood on the H&N board, and they have been added to her Superthread.

Best of luck to you as you return to a "life"!

Blake
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Buckwirth said:

Raquel,
    I hope the first few days of work have been exciting and fun.

I want to thank you for the work posts. You have shared great information that I know has been helpful for me and am sure others have found it of use. I took the liberty of sharing a couple of your links with Sweetblood on the H&N board, and they have been added to her Superthread.

Best of luck to you as you return to a "life"!

Blake

Hello
    Thank you all! My HR job is for a manufacturing company and they just hired 1000 employees so I am hands on, meaning I am on the floor talking to employees and helping the understand their work and training. I was basically hired for my communication skills and to help the floor managers with the employees while they ramp up. All the managers are on 12 hour days. But you know I did 12 hour days while on chemo, so this a bit easier! :) I walk the entire shift and I am up and down stairs. It's hot in the plant and you never when you will get sprayed with tomato. The plant makes pasta sauce, salsa and tomato puree. You would not believe this plant and how the sauces are manufactured. I hope the cancer fighting ingredient in tomato is in the air, and that I am breathing it everyday! lol

So, I cut off my hair to a pixie cut because the hard hat was messing up my hair! So, I kinda look like a boy. I will post a picture. All the physical activity and steam should keep me pretty toned and pimple free! HA! Ha!

Tired but a good tired. I rest a lot at home and eat right.

Take Care! Love ya gals and guys!
  • merrysmom
    merrysmom Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Nana b said:

Hello
    Thank you all! My HR job is for a manufacturing company and they just hired 1000 employees so I am hands on, meaning I am on the floor talking to employees and helping the understand their work and training. I was basically hired for my communication skills and to help the floor managers with the employees while they ramp up. All the managers are on 12 hour days. But you know I did 12 hour days while on chemo, so this a bit easier! :) I walk the entire shift and I am up and down stairs. It's hot in the plant and you never when you will get sprayed with tomato. The plant makes pasta sauce, salsa and tomato puree. You would not believe this plant and how the sauces are manufactured. I hope the cancer fighting ingredient in tomato is in the air, and that I am breathing it everyday! lol

So, I cut off my hair to a pixie cut because the hard hat was messing up my hair! So, I kinda look like a boy. I will post a picture. All the physical activity and steam should keep me pretty toned and pimple free! HA! Ha!

Tired but a good tired. I rest a lot at home and eat right.

Take Care! Love ya gals and guys!

congrats for you
    I am so blessed for you. You will be in my prayers for your strength.
    God bless you and let us know how you do. your friend, barb
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Options
    dorookie said:

What type of business
    does your family own and operate, Pete? You are from Australia right or New Zealand?

HUGS
    Beth

we run boarding houses in the city for uni students and travelle
    hi beth,

I am an aussie, based in sydney.

hugs,

pete
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Happy for You Glad you are a cancer activist.
    Happy for You. Glad you are a cancer activist. I mean the activist label in a appreciative tone for all of us who are dependent on the insurance companies for our survival and employers who discriminate to avoid the increases on the companies insurance rates.

You will be a wonderful asset to the company with your experiences.

NB
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Options

Happy for You Glad you are a cancer activist.
    Happy for You. Glad you are a cancer activist. I mean the activist label in a appreciative tone for all of us who are dependent on the insurance companies for our survival and employers who discriminate to avoid the increases on the companies insurance rates.

You will be a wonderful asset to the company with your experiences.

NB

Congrats Raquel !
    I'm glad you find so well and active!.
    Hugs!