Options
2»

Comments

• renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    jnl said:

I was thinking about you
    I was thinking about you today as it is your first chemo. Let us know how it went when you have some time.

Big hugs,

Leeza

Wishing you a fast trip
    Wishing you a fast trip through chemo! Love the binder ideal.
    Prayers, Renee
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    renee616 said:

Wishing you a fast trip
    Wishing you a fast trip through chemo! Love the binder ideal.
    Prayers, Renee

Thinking of you today. Hope
    Thinking of you today. Hope all went ok yesterday. Hugs to a fellow, food loving, Italian, pink sister. Let us know how u r feeling.
  • SueRelays
    SueRelays Member Posts: 485
    Options
    natly15 said:

Thinking of you today. Hope
    Thinking of you today. Hope all went ok yesterday. Hugs to a fellow, food loving, Italian, pink sister. Let us know how u r feeling.

Awwww.thank you all so much!
    Awwww.thank you all so much! What a refreshing group of supporters i have found here!
    I have been on a couple boards that end up being quite clicky....and actually people have been kicked off of for some of the rants & raves they get in! Can you imagine??? Not what I came on this site originally for, but I was able to make a couple very close friends through these sites, so it was still a blessing to find it.

So ONE treatment down! Didn't go quite as smoothly as I wanted, but I know it could have been worse. They couldn't access my port....so now going to hospital on Monday for a dye test to see where the disconnect is. Hopefully I won't have to have it replaced, and they can just fix it! Was there from 1-6:30, and got all my goodies through an IV. First time on the hecreptin, and others, so they go for the slow drip! But hey went out for dinner after, and am out and about today, so all and all good so far! I love the recommendation of enjoying those good days, and that's what I'm planning to do.

Hope today finds you all enjoying a nice weekend!!!

HUGS!!!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    SueRelays said:

Awwww.thank you all so much!
    Awwww.thank you all so much! What a refreshing group of supporters i have found here!
    I have been on a couple boards that end up being quite clicky....and actually people have been kicked off of for some of the rants & raves they get in! Can you imagine??? Not what I came on this site originally for, but I was able to make a couple very close friends through these sites, so it was still a blessing to find it.

So ONE treatment down! Didn't go quite as smoothly as I wanted, but I know it could have been worse. They couldn't access my port....so now going to hospital on Monday for a dye test to see where the disconnect is. Hopefully I won't have to have it replaced, and they can just fix it! Was there from 1-6:30, and got all my goodies through an IV. First time on the hecreptin, and others, so they go for the slow drip! But hey went out for dinner after, and am out and about today, so all and all good so far! I love the recommendation of enjoying those good days, and that's what I'm planning to do.

Hope today finds you all enjoying a nice weekend!!!

HUGS!!!

Congrats on the 1st one done!
    We're glad you found us too Sue! One down - Congrats! Sorry it didn't go smoothly. I am hoping that they easily fix your port and your treatments will be easier.

Just take it one day at a time! Have a great weekend too!

Sue :)

p.s. I love your name! :)
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    SueRelays said:

Thanks everyone!!!
    I feel

Thanks everyone!!!

I feel much better today after a nice pasta dinner with a glass of wine and an outdoor concert in Bend, and then coming in and reading all your supportive responses!

I am trying to "embrace" chemo too and call it my friend, since it is what keeps us alive....and that wonder drug herceptin!!! I made a nice binder with all my info in it and put a picture of my girls and the caption "This is why I chemo"!! Figured it would help get me through the rough days!!

I'm sure I'll be on here regularly now....so thanks all, and nice to meet all of you!!!

I love the binder idea!
    I love the binder idea. I am also glad the first one is over!

Cindy
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Sue
    You have a great attitude. Good luck with your chemo again. At least you know what to expect. I also missed tasting FOOD.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Cancer does suck no doubt
    Cancer does suck no doubt about that. You have been through allot so you go ahead and vent all you want. But I am with Cindy, Chemo is a good thing. It saved my life. Good luck to you on the rest of your treatments. We are always here for you. I know how the down days are. But they don't last and upbeat returns. Take care darlin spoil your self you deserve it. Kay
  • Lynne Logan
    Lynne Logan Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Yup
    chemo sucks extra for me because I still have to shave my legs. Vent away.

I just got my bad news a few
    I just got my bad news a few days ago. After many tests, biopsies, (all benign) lumpectomy, mastectomy, clean sentinel lymph nodes.....now more surgery and chemo. And I have to shave my legs through treatment. Well that's just not right.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Sue
    You have a great attitude. Good luck with your chemo again. At least you know what to expect. I also missed tasting FOOD.

Wishing you better luck for
    Wishing you better luck for your next chemo. I'm so sorry your first one was so awful.

HUGS!
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

Cancer does suck no doubt
    Cancer does suck no doubt about that. You have been through allot so you go ahead and vent all you want. But I am with Cindy, Chemo is a good thing. It saved my life. Good luck to you on the rest of your treatments. We are always here for you. I know how the down days are. But they don't last and upbeat returns. Take care darlin spoil your self you deserve it. Kay

Hi Sue,
    I just wanted to

Hi Sue,

I just wanted to jump in and be part of the cheering section. There is nothing "clicky" about this board, from day one I was welcomed with open arms. We are all one big family of pink sisters with lots of love to hand out.

My prayers are with you as you finish your chemo treatments.
    Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Hi Sue,
    I just wanted to

Hi Sue,

I just wanted to jump in and be part of the cheering section. There is nothing "clicky" about this board, from day one I was welcomed with open arms. We are all one big family of pink sisters with lots of love to hand out.

My prayers are with you as you finish your chemo treatments.
    Hugs,
    Lorrie

I am wishing you the best
    I am wishing you the best with your chemo treatments.

Hugs, Diane
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

I am wishing you the best
    I am wishing you the best with your chemo treatments.

Hugs, Diane

Survival ... Yes, that is what it is all
    about -- Dang port! Best wishes, and hope.

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Survival ... Yes, that is what it is all
    about -- Dang port! Best wishes, and hope.

Vicki Sam

Survivors, warriors, pink
    Survivors, warriors, pink sisters! We are all simply amazing!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    poplolly said:

I am totally disgusted with
    I am totally disgusted with cancer. Actually, I have more choice words for it than that. I hate that idea that my cancer may come back and I'll have to take chem all over again. Then I realize, I'd still do it again. That does not make it pleasant...and on top of not being able to taste my food, I didn't even lose weight!!! Now that's not fair.

Judy

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with chemo and letting you know that we are all here for you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    I just wanted to join in and
    I just wanted to join in and say best of luck to you on your chemo and I'll be praying your side affects are minimal. I'll be posting again on Monday as to when I start chemo "again" ggggrrrrrr, but as stated, it does save our lives. I love your attitude, keep up the great spirit and be well :) Hugs
    ~Kari