Be sure to get copies of ALL your scans and tests -

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited July 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
read them carefully - there may be something wrong on them.

Today I got the copy of my last nuclear bone scan done on July 1. I'd already talked with my PA's nurse and she told me the findings - no mets and arthritis isn't signicatly worse though it's been hurting more (but the etodolac is definately helping). For some reason I looked at it a little closer and found that it states "Reason for Study: hx breast cancer with METS TO JAW". Well - the hx of breast cancer (IBC to be exact) is definately true BUT there have been no mets.

Before I started Chemo in Aug 09, there was a spot that showed 'hot' along my jaw in the PET scan. 2 days later I was seeing an ENT Dr and had a biopsy done - came back negative. My Chemo Dr and Surgeon disagree with the stage I was - actually they were both expecting Stage IV - Chemo says Stage III due to what was there when I first saw him - Surgeon says Stage II as that's what he saw/dealt with during surgery. Yeah - the A/C definately did shrink it and got good margins.

IF I had in fact had mets - think I'd have had different TX since then - all I've done was 4 A/C, surgery, 12 Taxol, 25 rads and Femara. Well I do have some issues since then - now have gall stones (no problems - just show on scans), osteoporosis (runs in my family anyway and I went through natural menopause at 44) and thyroid decided to quit but those are not METS.

Really - this one 'paper' is not a problem for me but just remember to check - another time something could make a difference.

Susan

Forgot to add - it does say
"Impressions: No evidence of metastaic disease."

Comments

• poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    I hate to admit this, but I
    I hate to admit this, but I was so shocked when I was given my news, I didn't even ask for a copy of the results. I do that now, and thanks for reminding all of us to do that.

Judy