Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Pat,
    I can't provide any

Pat,
    I can't provide any information but I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

I will be praying for you
    I will be praying for you Pat.

Hugs, Leeza
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    On the list
    You are on the prayer list my dear.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Sorry to hear this Pat
    Will keep you in my prayers.
    xoxo,
    Jean
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Pat... not what I expected
    Pat... not what I expected to see when I signed on this morning.... I have no experience to add... only wishes and prayers with lots of positive thoughts... sending you giant bear (((HUGS)))

~T
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

On the list
    You are on the prayer list my dear.

I will be keeping you in my
    I will be keeping you in my prayers.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Pat... not what I expected to see when I signed on this morning.... I have no experience to add... only wishes and prayers with lots of positive thoughts... sending you giant bear (((HUGS)))

~T

hoping you get to the bottom
    hoping you get to the bottom of this soon praying for a good result and an end to your pain.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    carkris said:

hoping you get to the bottom of this soon praying for a good result and an end to your pain.

Hugs and prayers.

Hugs and prayers.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Oh Pat ):
    I don't have any info for you on this but do have tons and tons of
    positive and caring thoughts coming your way. I am so sorry to hear
    this. Hang in there and keep us posted, you know how we get.

Sending you a big huge comforting hug!!

love,
    Ayse
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Sending you my prayers Pat
    and hoping it's not anything malignant.

Hugs,

Sylvia

I will be praying for you
    I will be praying for you Pat.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Pat,
    I can't provide any

Pat,
    I can't provide any information but I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

I wish I could offer some
    I wish I could offer some info for you Pat. Please know you are in my prayers.

Leeza
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Oh Pat ):
    I don't have any info for you on this but do have tons and tons of
    positive and caring thoughts coming your way. I am so sorry to hear
    this. Hang in there and keep us posted, you know how we get.

Sending you a big huge comforting hug!!

love,
    Ayse

How did the meeting go Pat
    How did the meeting go Pat with your team? Were they able to help you with the pain?

Sue :)
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Pat
    You are in my prayers. Wish I knew how to help.
    Cyber Hugs - the other Pat
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    carkris said:

I hope your doctors can give
    I hope your doctors can give you some answers Pat and help you out. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

~T

Pat? Any news? Praying
    Pat? Any news?

Praying for you,

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Pat
    You are in my prayers. Wish I knew how to help.
    Cyber Hugs - the other Pat

Thinking of you Pat and
    Thinking of you Pat and hoping you will post an update.

Hugs, Jan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Thinking of you Pat and
    Thinking of you Pat and hoping you will post an update.

Hugs, Jan

I'm praying to read good
    I'm praying to read good news from you.
  • Sparky53
    Sparky53 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Bad news- hope not!
    Hi Pat-

I have breast cancer, too, and had experienced bone pain after each Neulasta shot until I read on several internet sites that a simple antihistamine pill would prevent that. So now every time I'm scheduled to take a Neulasta shot, I take a Claratin beforehand. It really works!! Some people take the antihistamine for 3 days after the shot, but I'm ok with one. I sure hope that your test results are negative for tumors, and that this has an easy fix. I'll pray for you!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Sparky53 said:

Bad news- hope not!
    Hi Pat-

I have breast cancer, too, and had experienced bone pain after each Neulasta shot until I read on several internet sites that a simple antihistamine pill would prevent that. So now every time I'm scheduled to take a Neulasta shot, I take a Claratin beforehand. It really works!! Some people take the antihistamine for 3 days after the shot, but I'm ok with one. I sure hope that your test results are negative for tumors, and that this has an easy fix. I'll pray for you!

Pat, can you post to update
    Pat, can you post to update us? Worried about you
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps
    Kudos to your chiropractor! I had a hard time getting my rib biopsy done. Went first to a pulmonologist because my lungs were not normal either, but was told that there was either not enough for them to biopsy or, where there was something, it was too distal to be reached easily. Two more pulmonologists and I then went to a surgeon where I waited for forever to have him tell me that what I needed was a rib biopsy (duh), but he didn't do it because the diseased ribs could break and puncture a lung. I asked who would do it, because it had to be done.

I was finally sent to another facility and still another physician who agreed to do it. He told me that the lung could indeed get punctured, but that he was prepared to deal with that so don't worry. He did a great job and took rib in 2 places (both ER+ mets) and the ribs held (no lung puncturing) and I went home the same day.

The moral of my story is to be persistent in fighting for the care that you deserve!

I am praying that you find some answers and begin to heal quickly.

As to your pain, my radiation helped almost immediately in decreasing my bone pain. Pain meds also help and don't be afraid to ask for them as needed. Pain meds can cause constipation and nausea, but your physician can help you manage both side effects. For me the side effects seem dose related--if I take a piece of a pain pill on a full stomach I do better than I do with something stronger. Also pain meds work best on mild to moderate pain, so anticipate your pain and don't let it get out of control, because you will then end up taking more meds with less effect.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Hope this helps
    Kudos to your chiropractor! I had a hard time getting my rib biopsy done. Went first to a pulmonologist because my lungs were not normal either, but was told that there was either not enough for them to biopsy or, where there was something, it was too distal to be reached easily. Two more pulmonologists and I then went to a surgeon where I waited for forever to have him tell me that what I needed was a rib biopsy (duh), but he didn't do it because the diseased ribs could break and puncture a lung. I asked who would do it, because it had to be done.

I was finally sent to another facility and still another physician who agreed to do it. He told me that the lung could indeed get punctured, but that he was prepared to deal with that so don't worry. He did a great job and took rib in 2 places (both ER+ mets) and the ribs held (no lung puncturing) and I went home the same day.

The moral of my story is to be persistent in fighting for the care that you deserve!

I am praying that you find some answers and begin to heal quickly.

As to your pain, my radiation helped almost immediately in decreasing my bone pain. Pain meds also help and don't be afraid to ask for them as needed. Pain meds can cause constipation and nausea, but your physician can help you manage both side effects. For me the side effects seem dose related--if I take a piece of a pain pill on a full stomach I do better than I do with something stronger. Also pain meds work best on mild to moderate pain, so anticipate your pain and don't let it get out of control, because you will then end up taking more meds with less effect.

Any news yet Pat?
    Hugs,

Any news yet Pat?

Hugs, Megan