Options
2»

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    cavediver said:

welcome and hugs
    glad you found the site....and we all want to hear from you and how the surgery went....or anytime you need to check in :-) We are here for you during this journey and will listen, offer our stories or advice, or support as needed. Cancer sucks...but it is what it is and we can all get through this with each others help! I know what you mean about people not knowing how to react or what to say. I chose not to tell anyone so I would not be disappointed in their reaction or maybe lack of support. I waited til I was through treatment to 'come out of the cancer closet' and even now I prefer not to broadcast it. Unfortunately my compression sleeve on my arm gives me away:-) Anyway, good luck with your treatments and glad you have your family by your side. It will all be okay and again, we are here whenever you need to 'talk' to a friend. Hugs

Good luck with your upcoming
    Good luck with your upcoming surgery! I will be praying for it to be successful and for you to have a speedy recovery. Update us afterwords when you can.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

welcome...I wish I had found
    welcome...I wish I had found this long ago...I had BC 3 yrs ago...and didnt' stumble across this until about year and half ago...

I too had lumpectomy followed by radiation...it was actually better then I had anticipated...less pain and recovery.

I wish you well during your journie...

Denise

I will say prayers for you
    I will say prayers for you that your surgery will go well and that you will recover very quickly!

Hugs, Kylez
  • Kylez
    Options

welcome...I wish I had found
    welcome...I wish I had found this long ago...I had BC 3 yrs ago...and didnt' stumble across this until about year and half ago...

I too had lumpectomy followed by radiation...it was actually better then I had anticipated...less pain and recovery.

I wish you well during your journie...

Denise

I will say prayers for you
    I will say prayers for you that your surgery will go well and that you will recover very quickly!

Hugs, Kylez
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Wecome
    So glad you found this site. The WARRIORS here are incredible. I also have wonderful support from my family and friends, but have found this site adds the extra support needed from awesome women who are going through the same emotions and experiences.

I had a lumpectomy , 2 nodes removed and my chemo port put in 3 weeks ago. I had very little pain with the lumpectomy - was back at work the following Tuesday. The port was more painful for me. I was suprised, I expected it to be the opposite.

We'll all be with you on the 13th with prayers, postive thoughts and energy. Let us know how it goes.

Hugs,
    Debi

This site has helped so many
    This site has helped so many of us. I am glad you found it. I will be praying for you on the 13th. Please update us on your progress.
  • susie09
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Wecome
    So glad you found this site. The WARRIORS here are incredible. I also have wonderful support from my family and friends, but have found this site adds the extra support needed from awesome women who are going through the same emotions and experiences.

I had a lumpectomy , 2 nodes removed and my chemo port put in 3 weeks ago. I had very little pain with the lumpectomy - was back at work the following Tuesday. The port was more painful for me. I was suprised, I expected it to be the opposite.

We'll all be with you on the 13th with prayers, postive thoughts and energy. Let us know how it goes.

Hugs,
    Debi

Sorry double post

Sorry double post
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Sorry you've joined us in this club...
    But if you have to be here it's a fantastic place for support and caring. I know exactly what you mean about not believing what they were saying when given your diagnosis. My inner Cleopatra had decided this was all some minor thing that would clear up easily on its own. Talk about De-Nile.

It's wonderful to have support from your family, mine has really been great, but I can also tell sometimes when they have had all they can take, and that is one of the reasons I am so grateful for this site.

As for people not knowing how to respond....boy have we all seen it. It's just hard when I am in my "FIGHTING PINK WARRIOR" mode and they are just getting the news, (with that shock and fear that comes with it), I seem to end up comforting them at the same time I'm thinking....get out of my way I have a beast to kill.

1 thing I have learned in this battle that started 11/1/10 is that I am allowed to take a pass on some things, maybe my house isn't as clean as it was before, maybe the laundry lays in the dryer when the cycle is done, maybe I don't feel like it so I just don't do it,whatever it is, and the world hasn't stopped because of it. Focus on yourself and your healing, do what is right for you and come here when you want somebody to "get it"

I'm glad you found this site early in your journey and I am sending you positive thoughts,

Jennifer

I wanted to wish you good
    I wanted to wish you good luck with your surgery! Hugs and prayers!
  • susie09
    Options

Not much to add but I wanted
    Not much to add but I wanted to chime in and welcome you to our family. Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Adding my good thoughts and
    Adding my good thoughts and prayers for your surgery.
  • Kylez
    Options
    VickiSam said:

A warm Welcome ...
    I equate my breast cancer journey, much like a collalso roller coast ride! So many highs, so many lows!! Emotions all over the map, changing by the hour.

As a 2010 survivor of chemo to reassure you that it's not that bad. While there is plenty to be scared about with any cancer diagnosis, try not to be scared -- and the more positive and relaxed you can be, the better all your surgery and treatments may go. Many knowledgeable people have been involved in helping determine the right treatment for each of us, because we are all different, and new treatments and studies are coming out regularly.

My suggestion ... Information and foreign jargon is talked about during chemo sessions, and most Oncologist will see you, after your infusion has finished .. if not him/her then the PA -A tape record comes in handy .. record the conversation, so you can use it as a reference. Notebook for taking notes .. and writing down all questions you may have -- plus you have concerns, please write them down and address them during your Oncology appointment.

With all chemo therapy infused drugs .. there are side efforts, and many of us WARRIORS .. suffer from 1 or 2, while others suffer a great deal.

My chemo cocktail==== taxotere, carboplatin, and herceptin ... I did suffer with mouth and throat sores (Tom Natural toothpaste helped); the steroids and other meds helped with my nauseated before and during chemo .. after chemo infusions -- nausea plagued me for several days (everybody is different -- just my case, and my body) I did suffer with fatigue and bouts and constipation issues - please do not hesitate to call your Oncologist in attempts to find relief.

Hydrate, rest, and hydrate some more. Small meals can often help with nausea. I also splashed / flavored my never ending water consumptions with crystal light, lemonade, cranberry juice or apple juice. Herbal tea worked in the evenings, for me. .. drinking plain water endlessly, got a little boring for me.

Lastly, please put your Oncologist telephone on speed dial .. and call when any and all concerns - regardless of time of day or night!

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Praying your surgery went
    Praying your surgery went smoothly for you today and that you are resting comfortably.

Big, gentle hugs,

Kylez
  • Nana56
    Nana56 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Just hang in there and keep
    Just hang in there and keep your faith in the good lord above. He brought me through it. I was dianosed in Jan. 2011 and just finished6 1/2 weeks of radiation. Wish I would have know about this site back then.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in and
    Just wanted to chime in and welcome you to the board but im so sorry you had to! We all know what your going thru and its not a fun rollercoaster ride but we will be here if you need us. Keep us posted on how the surgery goes...cyber hugs!
  • susie09
    Options
    Nana56 said:

Just hang in there and keep
    Just hang in there and keep your faith in the good lord above. He brought me through it. I was dianosed in Jan. 2011 and just finished6 1/2 weeks of radiation. Wish I would have know about this site back then.

Good luck tomorrow! I am
    Good luck tomorrow! I am saying lots of prayers for you!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Just wanted to chime in and
    Just wanted to chime in and welcome you to the board but im so sorry you had to! We all know what your going thru and its not a fun rollercoaster ride but we will be here if you need us. Keep us posted on how the surgery goes...cyber hugs!

I want to wish you good luck
    I want to wish you good luck and know that we all are with you in spirit.

Hugs, Diane
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mamolady said:

hereditary
    Welcome to the site, sorry you have to be here. This is an amazing site, the women are awesome! You have found a great place to be through your journey. Hearing you have cancer sometimes puts you in a fog for a while. I was, for several weeks, just going through the motions. It will clear, just give it time.
    Having a good support at home is wonderful but sometimes you need some one that speaks the language. Keep in mind that you can ask any question and some one here will be able to help. Prayers and hugs are in abundance here too! That always helps.
    As to no family history, only about 5-10% of all breast cancer is hereditary. Along with that, there is some difficulty knowing how complete the family history is. People are living longer, diagnoses is more accurate.

All the best,

Cindy

PS - My kids and grand kids were the best part of treatment. Even when I felt awful they made me smile.

Praying for you!♥ Kristin
    Praying for you!

♥ Kristin ♥