Back to work

Options
2»

Comments

• luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    GREAT NEWS AB!
    So glad to hear you are back at work and doing what you love. It sounds like although your job is physically demanding, it is healing as well. Enjoy the outdoors and your regained strength.

Myka
  • adventurebob
    adventurebob Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Lelia said:

"Guided hikes and mindful walks" sounds like a metaphor for life
    Cooler up in the altitudes and hot and dry--but beautiful--in the valleys, ain't it the truth.

What great news AB, gives Independence Day new meaning. Respect and congrats from your friend Lelia.

Yes!
    It really does give Independence Day a new meaning for me. Though with all the help I've received from so many sources I guess Interdependence Day would be even more true.

AB
  • adventurebob
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Congrats AB
    Bob
    So glad to hear you're back at it. I went back to work also last year and shouldn't have really. I think you did the right thing to wait till you had the strength. I hope you are enjoying the usefulness again,have fun...
    all the best
    Steve

Steve
    I've been looking for Giants tickets for us but they're doing so damn good tickets are outrageous. Maybe we should just meet up somewhere to watch a game and have a couple healthy beverages.

AB
  • adventurebob
    Options

GREAT TO BE BUSY
    Bob, so good to hear you are back doing what you love. Being busy is very therapeutic.

Keep pushing forward, Here's to living life to the fullest.

Best!!

Mike

Thanks Mike
    I thought about you getting back to work so soon after treatment and was inspired to get back at it.

AB
  • adventurebob
    Options
    jeepman said:

Living Proof
    Bob,

Thanks for all of your support to so many here. You are an inspiration to many and living proof that if you live an active lifestyle, take care of yourself, and live healthy you can tolerate treatment well and bounce back to your life quickly. Good luck and God bless,

BTW- I can't wait to get back to walking the Appalacian Trail and hundreds of miles of trails and waterfalls here in NC.

Mike

On my list
    I've been to NC and couldn't help but notice how incredibly beautiful it is. Hiking on the Appalachian has been on my list for a couple decades now. As I've realized the preciousness of life recently I'll most likely get out there very soon to do so. Give me a holler when you're ready to hit the trail.

AB
  • adventurebob
    Options
    luv2cut1 said:

GREAT NEWS AB!
    So glad to hear you are back at work and doing what you love. It sounds like although your job is physically demanding, it is healing as well. Enjoy the outdoors and your regained strength.

Myka

Horses
    The center where I received treatment has paid for a 6 week course in "natural horsemanship" for cancer survivors that I'm a couple weeks into. Don't have a lot of experience with horses and I'm absolutely loving it. Such amazing animals. Soon I'll be cutting them too. Well, riding them at least.

AB
  • adventurebob
    Options
    D Lewis said:

Further meditations on the "mindful walks" concept...
    I got to spend quite a bit of time working in the Palm Springs area, about ten years ago. It's a very 'well heeled' group of folks who hang out in that neck of the woods. I can imagine that being guided on a 'mindful walk' and having their attention drawn to the incredible beauty of the natural area around them must be a very meaningful experience.

Now, "mindful walks" in my neck of the woods are quite a different thing. I was meditating on the concept as I cleaned my sawbuck pack saddle today. "Mind that rattlesnake under the rock ledge behind you!" "Mind that steep drop-off at the switchback in the trail!" "Mind you don't fall off when your horse jumps over that water crossing!" "Mind that wasp nest up ahead, your horse might get stung."

Deb

Mindfulness
    "Mind that black bear with cubs nearby." "Mind that poison oak you're about to step in" "Mind that amazing sunset lighting up Half-Dome"

Gotta love the Sierras

AB
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

Mindfulness
    "Mind that black bear with cubs nearby." "Mind that poison oak you're about to step in" "Mind that amazing sunset lighting up Half-Dome"

Gotta love the Sierras

AB

London Underground
    Only thing I ever heard in my travels was "Mind the gap". Not much of a nature girl or hiker. Lol
  • josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Horses
    The center where I received treatment has paid for a 6 week course in "natural horsemanship" for cancer survivors that I'm a couple weeks into. Don't have a lot of experience with horses and I'm absolutely loving it. Such amazing animals. Soon I'll be cutting them too. Well, riding them at least.

AB

giddy-up
    Great news Bob. Your enthusiasum and energy is contagious. Thanks and keep going, Josh r.