Papillary Serous or Clear Cell Carcinoma of the Endometrium

Options
Fayard
Fayard Member Posts: 438 Member
Last November, I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer, Clear Cells.
After a radical hysterectomy, the tumor was staged as STAGE IB; II, because it slightly spreed to the cervix. I started chemo in February, and I am just about to start my last cycle next week. No radiation needed. The only organs infected were the uterus and part of the cervix. The rest, including 58 lymph nodes, were clean.
I am nervous because Clear Cells are aggressive.
Does anyone knows through experience what the rate of recurrence is?

Please advise.

Comments

• daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Fayard
    Hi Fayard.

I'm a UPSC sister diagnosed nearly 3 years ago - stage 3a - then recurrence a year after completing tx.

Here's my 2 cents. Many here have commented on research that is old - so stats are not really accurate. I, like most with cancer and an aggressive one like you, got very SCARED learning about high rates of recurrence, poor prognosis, etc. We are all different. My doc told me that the longer a person goes without recurrence usually means a better prognosis. There are better and better treatments so we all have a better shot if we recur.

I know that I am better off staying POSITIVE - thinking that I am HEALTHY, DECIDING to be healthy, and acting ways to support my health - exercise, healthy diet/habits, lower stress, positivity, yoga, alternative healing, etc. etc.

I addition to believing in western medicine, I beleive in universal energy. Yesterday I was reminded that my body "resonates" with the universe - what I think draws more of that to me. Therefore, I need to do my best to stay well in mind and this will help my body. Please try NOT to spend much time and worry focusing on bad news. It may be for naught and definitely won't help your state of mind.

May you live a joyous and blessed and long life. Mary Ann
  • shortmarge
    shortmarge Member Posts: 291
    Options
    Clear Cell
    Was dx with UPSC and after surgery clear cell. Stage IIA because it was touching my cervix. Had four rounds of carbo/taxol and three rounds of brachy. Just thought I let you know that was 2 1/2 years ago and I'm doing great! Last doc appointment in June I was NED and don't have to go back for another six months.

Hugs,

Marge
  • Fayard
    Fayard Member Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Clear Cell
    Was dx with UPSC and after surgery clear cell. Stage IIA because it was touching my cervix. Had four rounds of carbo/taxol and three rounds of brachy. Just thought I let you know that was 2 1/2 years ago and I'm doing great! Last doc appointment in June I was NED and don't have to go back for another six months.

Hugs,

Marge

It is wonderful you are
    It is wonderful you are doing great.
    I had an appointment today, and the doctor said the chances for recurrence were very low since my cancer was staged low.
    I start my 6th and last cycle on Friday July 8, 2011.
    I feel good and my blood counts are OK, WBC 4 and RWC 3.08.
    The only thing not getting better is my left foot: numbness and a little bit of pain.
    It started right after surgery, and I guess now it is the neuropathy making it worse.

Hugs,

Fayard
  • j1o2y3
    j1o2y3 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Clear cell
    Hi Fayard!
    I also have clear cell grade 3 stage 3c uterine cancer. I finished my chemotherapy June 2010. I have been Ned since then. It's funny that every little cough , twinge or just feeling off makes me think oh no it's back! Next month I have my cat scan and my dr appt and still as it gets
    Closer the anxiety rises! I hope in time with good results that my anxiety levels will lessen. I they and stay positive but sometimes that cancer head sneaks in and makes me crazy! I to would love to know what are the signs of recurrence . Hang in there! You are almost done with your treatment and life will go on with your new normal!
    laura