Chef Daddy Mikes Son up-date

Options
Hondo
Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
edited July 2011 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Hi everyone I talked to Mike last night and the pore man just can’t get a break. His Son was told the bad news yesterday by his doctors that more than likely his Liver will not allow him to do more Chemo again for his Leukemia. Mike and his Son was all day running from one doctor to another and was pretty exhausted by the time I talked to him, but he was in as good a mood as possible.

I would like to ask everyone this 4th of July as we celebrate our Freedom light a Candle in your home and say a prayer for freedom from Leukemia for Mikes Son.

Hondo

Comments

• staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Will do. I think often about
    Will do. I think often about all the things that Mike has been through. It doesn't seem fair and my heart goes out to him and his family.
    Stacey
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    staceya said:

Will do. I think often about
    Will do. I think often about all the things that Mike has been through. It doesn't seem fair and my heart goes out to him and his family.
    Stacey

I Agree With Stacey
    Everything else, and now this, too?
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Pam M said:

I Agree With Stacey
    Everything else, and now this, too?

Thanks for the update
    I have been wondering how they were doing. I did text a while back, but didn't get an answer. I wasn't sure If I should call. Maybe I will give it a couple days if they just told him yesterday. Thanks Hondo.
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Update
    Thanks Hondo for keeping us all updated on Mike and his son. My heart breaks for all of them and I will keep them in my daily prayers.
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ON THE WAY
    From my family to Mikes family, positive thoughts and prayers for some good options for treatment.

Best!!

Mike
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Update
    Thanks Hondo for keeping us all updated on Mike and his son. My heart breaks for all of them and I will keep them in my daily prayers.

MIke & Son
    My thought's & prayer's are with them both as they go through this. God Bess them & give them the strength they need to carry through!
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ON THE WAY
    From my family to Mikes family, positive thoughts and prayers for some good options for treatment.

Best!!

Mike

I will light a candle in his
    I will light a candle in his son honor and say a prayer for the family. What a great idea!
  • depressed63
    depressed63 Member Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My Prayers and a Candle will be lit for Mike and his Son!
    My heart goes out to him, his son and his family.

Donna
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Ditto
    Will be lighting and praying. They have been thru so much! Thanks Hondo.

Jan (Basketcase)
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Prayers, and more prayers
    Prayers, and more prayers with candles at the grotto for Mike and his son. God bless them.
  • Hondo
    Options
    G’day Everyone
    Well some good news at last, the doctors think that Mikes Son Liver will handle the chemo but they are still running test. At the same time they have already started him on the new chemo, this chemo has a steroid in it to help his bones. They had a hard day as Mike was sick and having to bring the Son in for treatment and running around at the same time is no fun, but he seems to be in good mood when I talk to him tonight. There is still so many unanswered questions that they have, so please continue to keep them in your prayers

Thanks
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Prayers, and more prayers
    Prayers, and more prayers with candles at the grotto for Mike and his son. God bless them.

Ops
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Hondo said:

G’day Everyone
    Well some good news at last, the doctors think that Mikes Son Liver will handle the chemo but they are still running test. At the same time they have already started him on the new chemo, this chemo has a steroid in it to help his bones. They had a hard day as Mike was sick and having to bring the Son in for treatment and running around at the same time is no fun, but he seems to be in good mood when I talk to him tonight. There is still so many unanswered questions that they have, so please continue to keep them in your prayers

Thanks
    Hondo

Count me in! Good news, and
    Count me in! Good news, and my prayers are with Mike & his son!
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

G’day Everyone

Thanks
    Hondo

Thoughts & Prayers
    Mike and his children continue to be in my prayers...

JG
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Hondo said:

G’day Everyone

Thanks
    Hondo

Continuing to pray
    Continuing to pray for Mike, his son and his daughter. Praying this new chemo will be successful.
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Continuing to pray
    Continuing to pray for Mike, his son and his daughter. Praying this new chemo will be successful.

Well, I am glad for some
    Well, I am glad for some positive news. I am hoping that he can be treated again, and he can be healed.
  • Hondo
    Options
    freedom from Leukemia

Please remember to light a candel this 4th of July as we celebrate our Freedom light a Candle in your home and say a prayer for freedom from Leukemia for Mikes Son.

Hondo
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

freedom from Leukemia

Please remember to light a candel this 4th of July as we celebrate our Freedom light a Candle in your home and say a prayer for freedom from Leukemia for Mikes Son.

Hondo

PRAYERS ON THE WAY
    Prayers from my family to Mike's.

Mike
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Prayers, prayers and more prayers
    Are with Chefdaddy Mike and his family.

Myka