Does radiation make sense when you have already gotten chemo?

Options
2»

Comments

• kimz57bc
    kimz57bc Member Posts: 8
    Options
    SueRelays said:

I asked the same question!
    I asked the same question! I was so trying to avoid either chemo or radiation. Like someone else said though radiation is a piece of cake compared to chemo...but looking at a year ahead of chemo, herceptin, lumpectomy, then radiation, and hormone replacement seems a bit daunting......but I saw the charts and got the scolding of what if I chose to NOT do one and have come to terms with it all! Will be my second time for chemo and rad, so at least I know what to expect! We HAVE to do what we ultimately believe is going to help us...whatever that choice may be.

Same question
    I was told the same thing. I have a year ahead of me to complete my treatments. I just finished 4 treatments of AC Chemo. Now on to Taxol. Then surgery...then herceptin.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am aggravated that my
    I am aggravated that my younger sister had chemo WITHOUT radiation for IDC. She then had a local recurrence that was treated with surgery, radiation and femara. I wish she had had the radiation to begin with!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

I am aggravated that my
    I am aggravated that my younger sister had chemo WITHOUT radiation for IDC. She then had a local recurrence that was treated with surgery, radiation and femara. I wish she had had the radiation to begin with!

Like many others have stated. . .
    I used every single weapon that was advised and radiation after chemo was one of them. For me, this was not the time to play the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" game. My doctors and I agreed--let's hit this hard with everything we've got.

Best of luck to you in your decisions and treatment.

Hugs, Renee
  • ender
    ender Member Posts: 167
    Options
    missrenee said:

Like many others have stated. . .
    I used every single weapon that was advised and radiation after chemo was one of them. For me, this was not the time to play the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" game. My doctors and I agreed--let's hit this hard with everything we've got.

Best of luck to you in your decisions and treatment.

Hugs, Renee

Thanks
    for all your comments! I will have a talk with my radiologist and take it from there.

Eva