navigating this site

Options
Daisylin
Daisylin Member Posts: 365
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find postings from a certain person? For example, if anyone wanted to follow my story, but missed a few postings, how would they be able to backtrack to do so? (I've been doing it by scrolling through all the pages of the site, seems like the hard way.... takes forever and I get impatient) Please someone tell me there is an easier way! I would love to be able to read certain member's stories, but am having a hard time doing so. Also noticing that many don't have their profile pages done up, which makes it even harder to follow who's who.

Chantal

Comments

• paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    You can use the search function
    Chantal,

When you first log into the CSN site, (the page where all the posts are listed), look in the upper right hand corner of the page.

You will see a box with “Search Esophageal Cancer” above it.

If you put a person’s login ID in the search box, and click on “search”, it will find all the posts by that person. So if for instance I put “Dasylin” in that box it would return all the posts from you.

You can also use search to find a specific term like “j-tube” and it would return all the posts where that term was used.

Hope this helps…

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    6/21/2010 CT Scan NED
    3/14/2011 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • Daisylin
    Options
    paul61 said:

You can use the search function
    Chantal,

When you first log into the CSN site, (the page where all the posts are listed), look in the upper right hand corner of the page.

You will see a box with “Search Esophageal Cancer” above it.

If you put a person’s login ID in the search box, and click on “search”, it will find all the posts by that person. So if for instance I put “Dasylin” in that box it would return all the posts from you.

You can also use search to find a specific term like “j-tube” and it would return all the posts where that term was used.

Hope this helps…

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    6/21/2010 CT Scan NED
    3/14/2011 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

Thank you Paul
    Thank you for the tips Paul. I tired it and it somewhat worked! It seemed to only post a few of the posts from each person, I tried your name, and it came up with only about 1/3 of your 333 posts. I tried my name, and it only gave me 3 links. It is far better than nothing though, should come in handy as I try to navigate my way around here!

Chantal
  • jjmb126
    jjmb126 Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Thank you Paul
    Thank you for the tips Paul. I tired it and it somewhat worked! It seemed to only post a few of the posts from each person, I tried your name, and it came up with only about 1/3 of your 333 posts. I tried my name, and it only gave me 3 links. It is far better than nothing though, should come in handy as I try to navigate my way around here!

Chantal

I asked the same question on another discussion board here.
    but I never did get to navigate it successfully and eventually went to another board - hystersisters.com where you can see all the posts a person had written in their profile.

Having said that these cancer boards are a brilliant source of information and when my aunt in the UK had bladder cancer, I was able to see from her treatment that she was stage iv, (her family didn't want to give out too much info.)

I have suffered from Acid reflux all my life(even as child)and it really hasn't bother me until now. In the last yr or so I have suffered from some really bad attacks where I have vomited up bile . I had cough last year which my GP successfully diagnosed as acid reflux and put me on Nexium. That worked but unfortunately it gave me a very bad constipation. So was weary of trying it again so just suffered on with the symptoms until about a month ago. Started taking the generic Prilosec and made an appointment to see my gastroenterologist . So he told me to keep taking the prilosec and arranged an endoscope for next month. He explained why an endoscope was needed, even though the pills are working.

So I came here to check out what he was saying. As you have stated it can be quite difficult to navigate this board but its worth the effort. I am pretty confident that I have simply acid reflux being very fat and all that fat is on my stomach so pushing down on it. But at least, my eyes are open to what could happen due to the down to earth information here.

Maybe you could contact the administration to get some advice on your issue. Maybe they are not aware that people like to do this. I know I do.
  • Daisylin
    Options
    jjmb126 said:

I asked the same question on another discussion board here.
    but I never did get to navigate it successfully and eventually went to another board - hystersisters.com where you can see all the posts a person had written in their profile.

Having said that these cancer boards are a brilliant source of information and when my aunt in the UK had bladder cancer, I was able to see from her treatment that she was stage iv, (her family didn't want to give out too much info.)

I have suffered from Acid reflux all my life(even as child)and it really hasn't bother me until now. In the last yr or so I have suffered from some really bad attacks where I have vomited up bile . I had cough last year which my GP successfully diagnosed as acid reflux and put me on Nexium. That worked but unfortunately it gave me a very bad constipation. So was weary of trying it again so just suffered on with the symptoms until about a month ago. Started taking the generic Prilosec and made an appointment to see my gastroenterologist . So he told me to keep taking the prilosec and arranged an endoscope for next month. He explained why an endoscope was needed, even though the pills are working.

So I came here to check out what he was saying. As you have stated it can be quite difficult to navigate this board but its worth the effort. I am pretty confident that I have simply acid reflux being very fat and all that fat is on my stomach so pushing down on it. But at least, my eyes are open to what could happen due to the down to earth information here.

Maybe you could contact the administration to get some advice on your issue. Maybe they are not aware that people like to do this. I know I do.

Jimb123
    Hi Jim,
    I certainly hope that what you are suffering from is indeed only acid reflux. As much as this site welcomes all newcomers, we all hate to see newbies. ( I myself feel like a newbie here, but unfortunately I've been on here since March, and have seen too many deaths from this dreadful disease) It seems, sadly that there are new names popping up here daily. You are right though, this site has been more informative to me than both my husband's doctors and all the untold hours of internet research that we've done. The other members here are always informative, honest and kind. I checked out another site, forget the name of it off hand, but I found everyone there was full of sugar coated fantasy, and over the top religious preaching. Not my thing.... to each their own!
    Wishing you the best,
    Chantal