Our fight is over!

DiannaG
DiannaG Member Posts: 8
Since March of 2010,my husband has fought hard to obliterate the Adenocarcinoma that invaded the distal third of his esophagus.

The diagnostic testing, chemo/radio therapy treatments and surgeries large and small are over! He put up a brave fight, even though he was stage III b at the time of diagnosis,14 months later-the fight is over.

My husband isn’t suffering any more. I disconnected him from the TPN myself, just a few days ago, when I flushed the port with saline, I knew keeping my promise was going to be more difficult than I thought.

This is the most difficult thing I’ve ever needed to do in my 46 years on this earth!

The TPN was more harmful than helpful. Oh, I wanted it to help! It just wouldn’t !

I’m proud of my husband, he fought bravely.

Jan 1,1963- June 24,2011

Comments

• jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member
    Truly sorry
    Oh Dianna, I just filled right up reading your message about your dear husband. This cancer is so insidious. You fought the good fight; now I hope you find some peace in the loving arms of your family.
    Jo-Ann
  • Daisylin
    Daisylin Member Posts: 365
    jojoshort said:

Truly sorry
    Oh Dianna, I just filled right up reading your message about your dear husband. This cancer is so insidious. You fought the good fight; now I hope you find some peace in the loving arms of your family.
    Jo-Ann

my sympathy
    Dianna, I am so sorry to read about your loss. There are no words.... May you find comfort in your memories, and the love of your family and friends.

Chantal
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    I am so sorry
    Dianna,

I am sorry to hear that your husband has left us. I remember he was just 47 when he was diagnosed.
    He fought hard through the radiation, chemotherapy, and aborted esophagectomy.

I am so happy he had you with him during his final fight.

May God provide you with strength and peace during this difficult period.

Paul Adams,
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    paul61 said:

I am so sorry
    Dianna,

I am sorry to hear that your husband has left us. I remember he was just 47 when he was diagnosed.
    He fought hard through the radiation, chemotherapy, and aborted esophagectomy.

I am so happy he had you with him during his final fight.

May God provide you with strength and peace during this difficult period.

Paul Adams,
    McCormick, South Carolina

so sorry to hear
    Dear Dianna,
    So sorry to hear about your husband's passing but like you, glad that he is not suffering this horrible disease anymore. How brave of you to do what he wanted. Hoping the peace you feel will stay, you will have your sad moments but you will have the knowledge that you did everything you could to make his last days comfortable. Thank you, many prayers for you and your family.
    Donna70
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Prayers for you all
    lt was wonderful you were able to find the strength to follow his wishes. You all fought the good fight. May you be at peace knowing he is now without pain and is being comforted in his heavenly home.
  • rose20
    rose20 Member Posts: 258
    So very sorry...
    So very sorry for your loss.
    It is so hard to lose someone we hold so dear. I pray you have people in your life for support and I pray you feel God's unending love and comfort.
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Thinking of You
    Dear Dianna,

I am so very sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I can't even begin to put in words the sadness I feel for you and your family. I admire your strength to heed his wishes. I pray that you find comfort in God and the fact that your husband is no longer suffering.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers,

Linda and Jim
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. So sorry your husband has lost the fight.
    God bless you,
    Sandra
  • nancyann3
    nancyann3 Member Posts: 173 Member
    sandy1943 said:

My thoughts and prayers are
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. So sorry your husband has lost the fight.
    God bless you,
    Sandra

So very sorry
    So sorry for your loss. May you and your family find peace.

Nancy
  • oriontj
    oriontj Member Posts: 375
    heartfelt sympathy
    I too am sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Your memories will last always.

jan