Disgusted

Options
poplolly
poplolly Member Posts: 346
I just have to post this. I saw in the paper today that there is a re-make of the movie Pride and Prejudice. The new movie is...drum roll... Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! I'm not kidding. What's next? Huck Finn and Zombies; The Grapes of Wrath and Frankenstein; The Scarlet Letter and the Blob......

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Horrible!
    But you know, it doesn't surprise me. You're too funny ;) The Scarlet Letter and the Blob...lol!

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    The African Queen and
    The African Queen and Godzilla

Gone With The Wind and The Creature From the Black Lagoon

Beau Geste and The Incredible Hulk

National Velvet and The 3 Stooges
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    I agree and
    I am pretty sure I saw similar, if not the same, book titles in the young adult section of Barnes and
    Noble. I was appalled, but wondered if it is just my old (56) age and appreciation of the classics.
    My first thought was, how dare they? :) I guess kids read them.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

I agree and
    I am pretty sure I saw similar, if not the same, book titles in the young adult section of Barnes and
    Noble. I was appalled, but wondered if it is just my old (56) age and appreciation of the classics.
    My first thought was, how dare they? :) I guess kids read them.

Chen, I laughed and laughed at
    your montage of move 'remakes'. Hysterical :)

Vicki Sam
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    movies
    Near my sister's apt they filmed a movie, I kid you not....Abe Lincoln Vampire Slayer

Jennifer
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    chenheart said:

The African Queen and
    The African Queen and Godzilla

Gone With The Wind and The Creature From the Black Lagoon

Beau Geste and The Incredible Hulk

National Velvet and The 3 Stooges

Sell the tickets now, lol!!
    Sell the tickets now, lol!! And don't forget the sequels: Moby **** Eats Frankenstein, Part 2....The Grapes of Wrath Vampire Diaries: Dust to Dust.....
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    Pride, Prejudice and Zombies
    Pride, Prejudice and Zombies is actually the name of a book.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    It's a book, Pride and
    It's a book, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's actually a bestseller. Normally that type of book would be right up my alley but I couldn't get through the regular Pride & Prejudice in high school & was bored stiff, so im sure even throwing some zombies in the mix wouldnt stir my interest. But the book has had lots of critical acclaim.
    It's like the author who wrote "Wicked" -the story of the Wicked witch of the west in OZ before Dorothy came to town -just another take on the story, and Wicked is one of my favorite books. To each his own.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options

It's a book, Pride and
    It's a book, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's actually a bestseller. Normally that type of book would be right up my alley but I couldn't get through the regular Pride & Prejudice in high school & was bored stiff, so im sure even throwing some zombies in the mix wouldnt stir my interest. But the book has had lots of critical acclaim.
    It's like the author who wrote "Wicked" -the story of the Wicked witch of the west in OZ before Dorothy came to town -just another take on the story, and Wicked is one of my favorite books. To each his own.
    *hugs*
    Heather

I read it
    And I also read Pride and Prejudice. They are both good. The former was really very clever and interesting. The latter, well what can you say - a classic!