#7 chemo Tomorrow (Taxol) and I want to say.....

Options
LoveBabyJesus
LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
Thank you for all the support you have given me. I was the one who asked if I needed pampers during chemo. And now I laugh about it. Doesn't it feel good to laugh about a bad situation? I will have my #7 Taxol treatment tomorrow. Then to #8 - last one! Amen to that!

I sometimes wish you guys lived closer to me. I would have made some food tonight and share. :) But I always think of you when I get my treatments. I know you are there with me. And this too has helped me through it.

Thank you so much for being here. God bless you ALL.

Comments

• renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Congratulation!!! :)
    That is funny now.....LOL! I remember telling my husband about your post....not making fun, but worried that some people such as yourself must be getting some way more harsh chemo than I did, yet thankful that I wasn't getting whatever it was! I'm so glad you made it this far...It does seem like time has flown by since I read that post. Celebrate! you deserve it! I finished on June 7th. Do you have to get radiation?
    Renee
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

Congratulation!!! :)
    That is funny now.....LOL! I remember telling my husband about your post....not making fun, but worried that some people such as yourself must be getting some way more harsh chemo than I did, yet thankful that I wasn't getting whatever it was! I'm so glad you made it this far...It does seem like time has flown by since I read that post. Celebrate! you deserve it! I finished on June 7th. Do you have to get radiation?
    Renee

:)
    Hi Renee -- I need radiation yes, 21 days. But I hear this is easier than chemo so I will most definitely not need pampers. :)

How are you doing? I remember your post about finishing chemo. Must feel great!
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options

:)
    Hi Renee -- I need radiation yes, 21 days. But I hear this is easier than chemo so I will most definitely not need pampers. :)

How are you doing? I remember your post about finishing chemo. Must feel great!

Hi
    I can tell you that rads

Hi
    I can tell you that rads is definately easy! I counted backwards from 100 today slowly and all three targeted spots were done! it was probally 3 minutes, 5 in all! after tomorrow, I will have the first week behind me! And yes finishing chemo was awesome, but to be through radiation, I will have some major celebrating to do! You will probally be starting rads 2 weeks out from your last treatment also. I still have side effects from the taxol & the Dr said thats to be expected & that it will take about 6 weeks for the chemo to leave my body. So I guess about the same time rads are over. While I need 30 treatments on 2 areas, only 24 on another......
    Take care!
    Renee
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

Hi
    I can tell you that rads

Hi
    I can tell you that rads is definately easy! I counted backwards from 100 today slowly and all three targeted spots were done! it was probally 3 minutes, 5 in all! after tomorrow, I will have the first week behind me! And yes finishing chemo was awesome, but to be through radiation, I will have some major celebrating to do! You will probally be starting rads 2 weeks out from your last treatment also. I still have side effects from the taxol & the Dr said thats to be expected & that it will take about 6 weeks for the chemo to leave my body. So I guess about the same time rads are over. While I need 30 treatments on 2 areas, only 24 on another......
    Take care!
    Renee

Ditto .. So glad you made it!
    Like Miss Renee stated some of us 'Chemo Queens' have a smoother ride or than others. I praise our Lord, as each and every Chemo Queens crosses that finish line.

Chemo sucks the life out of you, takes our hair, lashes and ability go out into public and try to live a normal existence - due to fluctuating WBC issues.

Myself, I had a rough go of chemo, then again, I endure 18 consecutive weeks of TCH treatments, then 1 year of herceptin. Chronic Fatigue still ensues and peppers my life to this day. I fight each and every day to obtain normalcy in my life.

I did not need radiation -- so please take care of yourselves, rest and rejuvenate when possible.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Ditto .. So glad you made it!
    Like Miss Renee stated some of us 'Chemo Queens' have a smoother ride or than others. I praise our Lord, as each and every Chemo Queens crosses that finish line.

Chemo sucks the life out of you, takes our hair, lashes and ability go out into public and try to live a normal existence - due to fluctuating WBC issues.

Myself, I had a rough go of chemo, then again, I endure 18 consecutive weeks of TCH treatments, then 1 year of herceptin. Chronic Fatigue still ensues and peppers my life to this day. I fight each and every day to obtain normalcy in my life.

I did not need radiation -- so please take care of yourselves, rest and rejuvenate when possible.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Best wishes...
    And I still get tickled about the pampers....
    Wishing you well....
    Hugs, Nancy
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Shoot! I carried a Depends
    Shoot! I carried a Depends around with me before I had chemo. Depends sounds so much better than Pampers!!! right.......:)