Still Waiting.....

Trew
Trew Member Posts: 932 Member
Still waiting for my next U of MI apointment on July 18. My dripping have deminished as along as I sit still. I am hoping the AUS can be installed before July ends. That is what I am hoping for.

I haven't been around for awhile. I am into this just waiting mode and, well, just waiting for July 18.

Lots of new names here.

I had de vinci in march, 09. Radiation that following Nov- Jan. I have been enduring incontinence since surgery and have been looking forward to getting an AUS system installed.

Any updates on the recall problem? I am so hoping..........

Comments

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    trew
    glad that things are improving now, and that the AUS device will be satisfactory. my prayers are with you
  • Old-timer
    Old-timer Member Posts: 196
    Happy to see you back on discussion board, Trew
    I have missed your sense of humor.

I took my urodynamics test Monday and had a conference with my doc following that. We discovered a problem. As I understand it, scar tissue has narrowed my urethra at the sphincter. In her words, I need a "transurethral incision of the bladder neck and it will have to stay open for six months prior to proceeding with a probable tandem cuff trans-corporal approach artificial urinary sphincter."

I am waiting patiently while the doc decides when she can schedule the incision. I understand that this will be done soon and that the gizzmo itself could be installed sometime this coming winter. That's assuming that events unfold as anticipated. Meanwhile, please send all the advice any of you have to offer on this type of problem and how to deal with it. At this moment, I am taking it in stride. One who deals with PC must do that, I think.

Trew, I am sorry that I did not think to ask my doc if she had any inside info on when the recall might end. When I next see or talk to her, I will ask that for sure.

Keep on trucking.
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    Glad to hear from you Trew.
    Glad to hear from you Trew. Have been wondering what you have been up to. Now we know....setting and waiting! Again best wishes as you go into this next chapter of your battle.

Larry (lewvino)
  • Trew
    Old-timer said:

Happy to see you back on discussion board, Trew
    I have missed your sense of humor.

I took my urodynamics test Monday and had a conference with my doc following that. We discovered a problem. As I understand it, scar tissue has narrowed my urethra at the sphincter. In her words, I need a "transurethral incision of the bladder neck and it will have to stay open for six months prior to proceeding with a probable tandem cuff trans-corporal approach artificial urinary sphincter."

I am waiting patiently while the doc decides when she can schedule the incision. I understand that this will be done soon and that the gizzmo itself could be installed sometime this coming winter. That's assuming that events unfold as anticipated. Meanwhile, please send all the advice any of you have to offer on this type of problem and how to deal with it. At this moment, I am taking it in stride. One who deals with PC must do that, I think.

Trew, I am sorry that I did not think to ask my doc if she had any inside info on when the recall might end. When I next see or talk to her, I will ask that for sure.

Keep on trucking.

Old-timer, I had that same
    Old-timer, I had that same problem. I had to do a lot of self-cath 2x a day for 6 months. It is the amazing the amount of attention my itsy bity organ has gotten since PC. My doc at the U of MI has made me wait an entire year to see if the scare tissue issue (mid-sentence poetry there) was resolved befoe preceding on to the AUS. So 12 months after my exciting OR expereince, on July 18, I will find out IF I can go forward with the AUS.
  • Trew
    lewvino said:

Glad to hear from you Trew.
    Glad to hear from you Trew. Have been wondering what you have been up to. Now we know....setting and waiting! Again best wishes as you go into this next chapter of your battle.

Larry (lewvino)

3 more weeks! Sitting and
    3 more weeks! Sitting and waiting.....
  • Old-timer
    Old-timer Member Posts: 196
    Trew said:

Old-timer, I had that same
    Old-timer, I had that same problem. I had to do a lot of self-cath 2x a day for 6 months. It is the amazing the amount of attention my itsy bity organ has gotten since PC. My doc at the U of MI has made me wait an entire year to see if the scare tissue issue (mid-sentence poetry there) was resolved befoe preceding on to the AUS. So 12 months after my exciting OR expereince, on July 18, I will find out IF I can go forward with the AUS.

Big day ahead for you
    I understand that I will be self-cathing. My doc said that it will be necessary for only a week and she will show me how to do it. Sounds like no big deal. She also said I will need only six months to heal prior to installation of AUS. I trust her, but I have a degree of self doubt. We'll find out, I reckon. Her scheduler has't given me a date for scar tissue removal. It's been a week since evaluation. I don't know a reason for the delay.

Sure hope July 18 will be a great day for you, Trew.

On another subject, I lived in Michigan for a short time when I was 17. Became a Tiger fan when they won the 1945 World Series. I have rooted for them throughout all the intervening years. Nuts, eh?