Lymphoma Research Foundation Ask the doctor sessions

Has anyone here ever attend any of the Ask the Doctor sessions or workshops put on by the Lymphoma Research Foundation throughout the States for lymphoma patients and/or caregivers? There is one next month at Stanford and I was wondering if they are worth the commute.

July's overview
* Lymphoma overview
* Treatment options
* Research updates
* Questions and Answer
The last oncologist I saw walked in the room and asked "Are you in the medical field"...apparently there are notes in my file...lol. Just well informed!

Thanks!
Rosie

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    yesyes/Leslie
    Hi Rosie,
    I'm pretty sure Leslie..(username yesyes) has gone to a few of these. I remember her telling us about meeting and talking to cancer doctors from various workshop sessions at a conference in San Francisco. I think she lives in Santa Cruz and she drives to the various cities where the workshops are held. Maybe you can send her a message on CSN Email and talk to her about it. Heck...if you live close by each other, maybe you could go together, or meet up. I remember her saying how much she learned. Hope this helps...Love...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    allmost60 said:

yesyes/Leslie
    Hi Rosie,
    I'm pretty sure Leslie..(username yesyes) has gone to a few of these. I remember her telling us about meeting and talking to cancer doctors from various workshop sessions at a conference in San Francisco. I think she lives in Santa Cruz and she drives to the various cities where the workshops are held. Maybe you can send her a message on CSN Email and talk to her about it. Heck...if you live close by each other, maybe you could go together, or meet up. I remember her saying how much she learned. Hope this helps...Love...Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Leslie????
    Sue,
    That reminds me,we have not heard from Leslie in a while.Has anyone out there heard from her thru E-mail? John
  • miss maggie
    miss maggie Member Posts: 929
    Yes
    Dear Rosie,

I try my very best to listen to the tele=conference when I can. I also attended an
    evening session in NYC. In attendance were top oncologists in Lymphoma treatment.
    Would you believe, I still can't spell "Lymphoma". I checked your post for the correct
    spelling. It's unbelivable, since I was DX in Sept 2009, LOL.

Anyway, there are lots of meetings in NY. If the meeting is in the early morning, I can't
    make it. I don't live in the city. If somehow, I miss a tele-conference, I can read the
    text from the meeting on the Lymphoma site.

Hope this helps. Maggie
  • She514
    She514 Member Posts: 47
    allmost60 said:

yesyes/Leslie
    Hi Rosie,
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Thanks Sue!
    I have conversed with Leslie before. I will send her a note through here to see if she's going to this one. I have registered and made a hotel reservation since I'm a good 2 hr drive from Stanford. Excited to attend and gather more info to present to my Oncologist less than 2 weeks later :o) I'm sure he just shakes his head when he sees my name...though bless his heart he's very receptive. Fortunately he's heavy into the research area and is well informed with the newest prospects out there.

BTW Lizzy is absolutely adorable! My granddaughter is 4 almost 5...I really miss the infant stage.

<3 Rosie
  • She514
    Thanks!
    Thanks everyone for your input. I feel better about making the trek to Stanford to attend this session now. I'm a 2 hour drive from there and decided it was best to stay the night rather than drive home afterwards. I'm going to see if I can get Leslie (yesyes) to resurface also, and maybe attend?

We'll see what more info I can gather! Thanks again, you guys are the best!

Rosie
  • She514

Yes
    Dear Rosie,

I try my very best to listen to the tele=conference when I can. I also attended an
    evening session in NYC. In attendance were top oncologists in Lymphoma treatment.
    Would you believe, I still can't spell "Lymphoma". I checked your post for the correct
    spelling. It's unbelivable, since I was DX in Sept 2009, LOL.

Anyway, there are lots of meetings in NY. If the meeting is in the early morning, I can't
    make it. I don't live in the city. If somehow, I miss a tele-conference, I can read the
    text from the meeting on the Lymphoma site.

Hope this helps. Maggie

Thanks Maggie!
    lol, don't go by me for spelling...bugs me to no end this forum doesn't have spell check.

Though I have to say I have learned to spell more things than I care too since the lymphadenopathy was discovered the beginning of the year. I can't pronounce them but I can spell them...lol!

I'm a 2 hour drive from Stanford but certainly willing to make the trek if they offer some worth while info. I've signed up for the session and made a hotel reservation...might as well make a mini vacation out of it.

Thanks for the info

Rosie
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    She514 said:

Thanks!
    Thanks everyone for your input. I feel better about making the trek to Stanford to attend this session now. I'm a 2 hour drive from there and decided it was best to stay the night rather than drive home afterwards. I'm going to see if I can get Leslie (yesyes) to resurface also, and maybe attend?

We'll see what more info I can gather! Thanks again, you guys are the best!

Rosie

take notes please
    Hi Rosie,
    Could you take notes and tell us the good news you learn. Your picture looks like you are riding on Indian Rocks Beach Florida where I live. Where are you?
  • She514
    JoanieP said:

take notes please
    Hi Rosie,
    Could you take notes and tell us the good news you learn. Your picture looks like you are riding on Indian Rocks Beach Florida where I live. Where are you?

Notes it is!
    Joanie,
    I have every intention of taking notes and will report back the highlights. Picture is of me riding the coast of Hilton Head, SC. I've been there a few times and love that you can ride the bike on the beach. We don't have many of that here on the west coast or at least not the beaches I've been to.

Rosie