Wish me luck! Here I go with the new chemo drug!

Options
MAJW
MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
Just got the call...I've been approved and accepted into this investigational trial, oral chemo....first dose is at 2:30 EST today....had a zillion tests to qualify and I did it! YEAH! I'm excited about getting this drug into my body to start fighting the beast! And apprehensive at the same time...wasn't expecting it to be until Friday....so.....here I go!

Don't know what I would do without all of you.....you keep me sane....
Will keep you posted!
Hugs and love to all you precious women...my "sisters"...
Nancy

Comments

• mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Praying
    Nancy,

Praying that this drug is as easy on you as it will toxic to the beast. So glad you got into the trial. The first dose will be the hardest only because of the unknown.

Prayers and angels for you and your medical team.

marge
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Clinical Trial
    Hi Nancy,

Congratulations on being accepted into the new clinical trial for an oral chemo drug. Do you know for sure that you will be given the investigational new drug or might you be part of the control group and NOT be given the new drug? I am all for drugs that do not involve needles. I hope this works out well for you. We will be rooting for you.

IRENE
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    We hold you so close to us,
    We hold you so close to us, sweet sister...just the way you do us when we are in need! We are indeed a unique family, aren't we? We send you all of the warrior-courage and blessings for a kick-**** successful clinical trial!! You are doing this not just for yourself ( and you are of the UTMOST importance!!) but you are also doing it for everyone following in your footsteps. We are sorry you have to even test this out for us...but thank you for taking this courageous first step in the journey to living a full, long, meaningful life Before, During and After Cancer!!!!! Love you!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    chenheart said:

We hold you so close to us,
    We hold you so close to us, sweet sister...just the way you do us when we are in need! We are indeed a unique family, aren't we? We send you all of the warrior-courage and blessings for a kick-**** successful clinical trial!! You are doing this not just for yourself ( and you are of the UTMOST importance!!) but you are also doing it for everyone following in your footsteps. We are sorry you have to even test this out for us...but thank you for taking this courageous first step in the journey to living a full, long, meaningful life Before, During and After Cancer!!!!! Love you!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You are truly an amazing
    You are truly an amazing woman, go get em tiger...

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I'm sending that luck you
    I'm sending that luck you asked for, and more. Thank you for doing the clinical trial, it just shows how totally generous you are.

Hugs,

Linda
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

You are truly an amazing
    You are truly an amazing woman, go get em tiger...

Hugs,
    Lorrie

The mental image
    I have is of you standing at the kitchen sink with a glass of water in one hand and a pill in the other. You stare at it and wonder what the heck you're In for. Then you look out the window. Then you kind of sigh, shrug your shoulders, and take the pill. Then you get on with your day. Waiting and wondering what you're gonna feel like in a few hours.

The reality is probably a clinic and paperwork and signatures and monitoring. But somewhere inside you you've had that "quiet moment" and decided to kick butt.

We're here for you cheering you on. Go. Fight. Win.

xoxox
    Victoria
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    sending thoughts
    Sending happy, healing, comforting, soothing thoughts to you across cyber space...
    Sending lethal, toxic, poison, die, die, die thoughts to your cancer cells...
    (((HUGS)))
    Sybil
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    You my dear are AMAZING!!
    I am so happy that you got accepted. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping
    ferociously that this chemo will kick you cancer's butt!

Love,
    Ayse
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    aysemari said:

You my dear are AMAZING!!
    I am so happy that you got accepted. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping
    ferociously that this chemo will kick you cancer's butt!

Love,
    Ayse

Praying
    So glad you are getting started on this! I am praying for you. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Praying
    So glad you are getting started on this! I am praying for you. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice

I'm on board... Prayers your Way!!!
    Wishing YOU Success with this trial. Happy you've already started the process!!!

Sending Positive Vibes!!!

Big Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

I'm on board... Prayers your Way!!!
    Wishing YOU Success with this trial. Happy you've already started the process!!!

Sending Positive Vibes!!!

Big Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)

Yay! You can beat this!!!!!!!!!!!
    prayers for you that there are no major side effects & that it takes care of the "Beast" once & for all! Glad you got it earlier than planned! I know how you feel about getting on with fighting this!
    Hugs & Mega prayers!
    Renee
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

Yay! You can beat this!!!!!!!!!!!
    prayers for you that there are no major side effects & that it takes care of the "Beast" once & for all! Glad you got it earlier than planned! I know how you feel about getting on with fighting this!
    Hugs & Mega prayers!
    Renee

Good thoughts and prayers.

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

"Down the hatch"
    How do you feel? How are you supposed to feel?

So happy you were a candidate for this new drug. Hope it does its job well.

Suzanne
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Nancy
    Hope this is the one and that you have few side effects. Congratulations on being accepted into the trial and leading the way for the rest of us.
    Sending hugs and love.
    Carol
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Nancy we are with you every
    Nancy we are with you every step of the way. You are Strong Warrior and you will pummel that beast into the ground for good! We are pulling for you and cheering you on. Hugs and prayers to you dear one.
    Ines
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Nancy we are with you every
    Nancy we are with you every step of the way. You are Strong Warrior and you will pummel that beast into the ground for good! We are pulling for you and cheering you on. Hugs and prayers to you dear one.
    Ines

Nancy .. Such good news ... Oral chemo ...
    Do you know how PROUD I am of you? Such a strong, caring and thoughtful WARRIOR, with a wicked sense of humor, my type of gal!

Continued Strength, Courage and Hope .. Prayers for quick positive results, and no limitations to your health or life.

Vicki Sam