Hair falling out.....um..not on head..maybe crass of me but

Options
Radioactive34
Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
Giggle....ok, I have been dreading the whole hair falling out aspect. I have my favorite hair dresser on notice that as soon as I notice it falling out, I am running over. I am having it chopped ultra short or shaving it off. I am not letting cancer or chemo have total control of it.

Despite having that I am taking control attitude, I have some anxiety about it. You know...the whole, I will be officially identifiable as having cancer. People looking at me, asking me questions....etc. Despite posting a lot of revealing things on here, I am very private in person.

Anyways, my head hair has not fallen off. My um, pubic hair started falling out first. OMG, when I saw the excess hair in the toilet I started LOL. All that worry and it started falling out there first. It just seems so funny. I can't stop laughing. I can't say I did not get fair warning.

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    yep falls out there too
    lol,, isn't hair a funny thing?? I dont't care if grows back there or not, only my head..to funny we need to laugh and keep our sense of humor...val
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options

yep falls out there too
    lol,, isn't hair a funny thing?? I dont't care if grows back there or not, only my head..to funny we need to laugh and keep our sense of humor...val

lol
    Chemo: BEST Brazilian EVER!!!!!!

;)

Leesa
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    leesag said:

lol
    Chemo: BEST Brazilian EVER!!!!!!

;)

Leesa

ROFLOL
    Leesa: BEST sense of humor EVER!!!!!

I cut my hair super short so I wouldn't have to watch it fall out, and my daughters asked me if my eyebrows & eyelashes would fall out too. I didn't know! I actually hadn't thought about it. My pubic hair was the last to go, but by then, I expected it.

DB
  • lauriejw
    lauriejw Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Do the eyelashes and brows
    Do the eyelashes and brows fall out too? I have been wondering!
  • sarahb74
    sarahb74 Member Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lauriejw said:

Mine have
    My eyelashes are almost completely gone. I still have eyebrows, but they've really thinned out. Still have lots of hair on my legs though, which is the only place I want to lose it!
  • kikiz
    kikiz Member Posts: 94
    Options
    lauriejw said:

Everything but my Mustache
    I joked that I lost all the hair on my body except the hair above my lip. (I am dark haired so it shows.) Two years post Chemo, and all my hair is back except for my legs. I used to have to shave them 4 times a week or I was mistaken for an extra in Planet of the Apes. Have not had to shave them yet.

Lori
  • Chemo_Princess
    Chemo_Princess Member Posts: 105
    Options
    lauriejw said:

Hair
    My lashes and brows fell out after I finished treatment. They have since grown back but my brows aren't as dark as before. Also my leg hair grew back which really made me mad. Smooth hair free legs should be a bonus for going thru this hell!!
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    YUP, I KNOW WHAT YA MEAN!
    So from chemo in 2000, hair loss was complete, although now that I think about it I didn't notice if my arms were hairless! Anyway, my eyelashes grew back three times as long as before! That was great. All other hair grew back, but I noticed that I didn't need to shave as much.

After chemo in 2006 and since, very sparse eyelashes and eyebrows, which could also be from low thyroid. Pubic hair? Well a few sprigs here and there - funny looking, but not the end of the world :) Barely need to shave underarms and legs, maybe once every 3 weeks or so, and it's also very sparse. Head hair came back good, but now thinning (age and thyroid probably).

Did anyone have darkening of the eyelids? I noticed it some years ago and read that chemo can change the pigment in that area and other areas of the body.

Glad you can find the humor in this. Hoping that all goes well for you - keep us informed. Till then, sending

(((HUGS)))
    Monika