24 days since last rads and still exhausted

Options
2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Angela .. it's not age, gender or race ...
    Cancer .. kicks our butts in some many ways. Some WARRIORS have mild side efforts, while other suffer endlessly. Some women bounce back from surgeries, and go about their business, while others take weeks to heal .. Our bodies just react differently from chemo and rad's ..

I've been here a while, and I've seen it all --- or so, I think! LOL

Take the time to heal, and rest. Everything will fall into place soon.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

I was and still am tired.
    I was and still am tired. the rule of thumb is to give it one year from end of treatment. I just told my family and friends this and I take time for what I need. Sometimes its harder than others like this week, and its hard as I never took time for myself. but now I have to fight with myself to nuture me , but htis is not a joke and we need to heed what our body needs.
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Options
    carkris said:

I was and still am tired.
    I was and still am tired. the rule of thumb is to give it one year from end of treatment. I just told my family and friends this and I take time for what I need. Sometimes its harder than others like this week, and its hard as I never took time for myself. but now I have to fight with myself to nuture me , but htis is not a joke and we need to heed what our body needs.

I guess I will have to
    I guess I will have to listen to what my body tells me and the hell with everyone else's thoughts. I'm just glad to find out it's not me. I am the kind that always gets on her feet as quickly as possible. Through surgeries and procedures through the years I have recovered quickly sometimes at my own expense. Now I will just take time for me. Thanks everyone for all your thoughts. I don't know where I would be w/o all of you!

Angela