Options
2»

Comments

• CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Cyber group hug
    Hi Nancy,
    I had a crazy day at work, hardly a moment to breathe. Then, my daughter and two grand-daughters came over. Hubby and I had a chaotic meal of leftovers with them. Then Nana (me) played with them a little bit before they went home (son in law was working late). I am finally sitting down to check on my pink sisters. I had been wondering about you and how you are doing. I am sorry about your bad news, but hopeful for you with the clinical trial. It sounds like a good opportunity, and no needle sticks, too!
    It feels like all the girls are circling you with a giant cyber group hug tonight---count me in!
    CYBER HUG,
    Sybil
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    so many words already
    Nancy,
    There are so many others with wiser words than me. I just wanted to add positive thoughts and prayers! There are so many other options now and so many success stories!

All the best,
    Cindy
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    mamolady said:

so many words already
    Nancy,
    There are so many others with wiser words than me. I just wanted to add positive thoughts and prayers! There are so many other options now and so many success stories!

All the best,
    Cindy

It is just the number I was told
    Nancy,
    While It is sounds devastating stage IV, please do not forget it is just the number, a medical term, and it is still local, even advanced to lymph notes. No other organs are involved that giving the hope that it was caught early. You are sounded very determined I am sure Cancer is already scared
    Wishing your treatment will be efficacious with minimal side effects
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Nancy
    This is not so good news. After you scream, rant and cry I know you will get up and fight. I will keep you in my thoughts and am sending you positive energy.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    ladyg said:

Nancy
    This is not so good news. After you scream, rant and cry I know you will get up and fight. I will keep you in my thoughts and am sending you positive energy.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Nancy,
    You know that we are

Nancy,
    You know that we are here for you. Rant, cry, complain, to us whenever and about whatever you want or need to. There has been so much good advise and thoughts that I will only say that I will keep you solidly in my prayers.
    Stef
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-{
    Nancy I truly am sorry that you are having to go down this path yet again. You have every right to scream, rant and to cry your eyes out just reach for that positive attitude after you finish doing so. I vividly recall being told I was stage 4 back in 1998, my husband and I were stunned we thought it was the end, it was not. We have cancer, cancer does not have us we have every right to enjoy every day we are still here in spite of cancer. To me cancer is like a chronic illness we must deal with for the rest of our lives, thankfully there are many drugs out there to help us as we battle this illness.

I know right now it is hard to see beyond the here and now, beyond the fear but there is life to be lived and actually there could be a lot of it. Don't let cancer steal your joy Nancy it does not deserve it. When you are feeling down or defeated think of those of us who have been dx as stage four and have enjoyed many years beyond that dx. My own mother lived with cancer for 27 years and yes there were rough years but there were many many more good ones! We are here for you, rant at us when need be, share your triumphs and your fears, we understand as we have truly been in your shoes.

Love you and wish you a better day tomorrow and all the days that follow of which I do believe will be many!

RE
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    major bummer
    Given the bad news and your desire to continue living perhaps we can nick name stage 4 as "Taking names and kicking butts stage". That is what you will be doing for some time if my prayers are answered.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Nancy
    I'm so sorry to hear about the mets. So glad the brain MRI was good though. All I can offer is my love and support as you try this new oral chemo. Yah, my bp would be up too. Have faith, keep strong and know we are all here for you anytime you need us.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Nancy
    I'm so sorry to hear about the mets. So glad the brain MRI was good though. All I can offer is my love and support as you try this new oral chemo. Yah, my bp would be up too. Have faith, keep strong and know we are all here for you anytime you need us.
    {{hugs}} Char

Nancy so sorry hun.
    You keep fighting I know you will. I believe the oral chemo pills will work, but the ride won't be fun. Anything associated with C never is. We are all here for you. Stay strong.

All my love, and prayers
    Jennifer
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you are
    I am so sorry that you are going through this, but your obvious strength will definitely help. Many of us here are Stage 4, so don't give up. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 in April 2009 and am doing well. Hang in there!
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I am so sorry that you are
    I am so sorry that you are going through this, but your obvious strength will definitely help. Many of us here are Stage 4, so don't give up. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 in April 2009 and am doing well. Hang in there!

#%
    But as someone already said, it's just a number. Sending big hugs and LOTS of prayers!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    RE said:

:-{
    Nancy I truly am sorry that you are having to go down this path yet again. You have every right to scream, rant and to cry your eyes out just reach for that positive attitude after you finish doing so. I vividly recall being told I was stage 4 back in 1998, my husband and I were stunned we thought it was the end, it was not. We have cancer, cancer does not have us we have every right to enjoy every day we are still here in spite of cancer. To me cancer is like a chronic illness we must deal with for the rest of our lives, thankfully there are many drugs out there to help us as we battle this illness.

I know right now it is hard to see beyond the here and now, beyond the fear but there is life to be lived and actually there could be a lot of it. Don't let cancer steal your joy Nancy it does not deserve it. When you are feeling down or defeated think of those of us who have been dx as stage four and have enjoyed many years beyond that dx. My own mother lived with cancer for 27 years and yes there were rough years but there were many many more good ones! We are here for you, rant at us when need be, share your triumphs and your fears, we understand as we have truly been in your shoes.

Love you and wish you a better day tomorrow and all the days that follow of which I do believe will be many!

RE

I wish there were more I
    I wish there were more I could say, but please know that I am praying for you.

Hugs, Angie
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

Geez ...Nancy
    So sorry to hear this news. However, the power of prayer is GREATER than the beast. I'll keep you in prayers for Victory over this bump in the road.

Big Hugs~
    Mitzi

Keeping you in my prayers
    Keeping you in my prayers Nancy.

Hugs, Megan
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Nancy
    I'm wishing you all the best. You have a great attitude. Stay strong, all will be well.
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    We try so hard to keep that
    We try so hard to keep that "face" for our family. I guess it makes us stronger in our fight in the long run. I've read success stories on these sites about people with Stage IV cancers who have had good results. And if you need to scream or cry, send everyone to the store and let it all out!!! I think you're a naturally positive person from reading your posts these last few months. It goes without saying that prayers are flying your way!!

Judy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    poplolly said:

We try so hard to keep that
    We try so hard to keep that "face" for our family. I guess it makes us stronger in our fight in the long run. I've read success stories on these sites about people with Stage IV cancers who have had good results. And if you need to scream or cry, send everyone to the store and let it all out!!! I think you're a naturally positive person from reading your posts these last few months. It goes without saying that prayers are flying your way!!

Judy

cancer recurrance is
    cancer recurrance is devastaTING SO SCREAM AWAY AND THEN FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. . I know they say stage 4 is incurable but maybe today but how about tomorrow or next month? or in a year.? sometimes I get sad and think I hate living in fear, but then decided to live in hope instead. Hugs Hugs and more hugs, you are our sister and we are here!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

Thinking of you
    Thinking of you and hope this treatment works.Sounds better than the chemo treatments.

You have every right to be upset but I know the doctors will keep up with you and make sure you get the best treatment. I agree that cancer patienes are living longer lives.Just a couple days ago I read the count keeps going up with survivors.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lynn Smith

Praying for you.
    ♥ Kristin

Praying for you.

♥ Kristin ♥