Bone mets....never had pain before am I just doing too much?

Options
I was diagnosed with bone mets in Jan.10. Had rads, continued on herceptin, chemos, etc. I take vitamins, my bone enzemes are great. But about a month ago I tripped over my own shoe and fell but "caught" myself on that side where the mets are.....I have hurt there ever since and it seems to be getting worse. I am in the process of cleaning out a house for an estate sale, taking care of my own house purging (teacher summer off want to get it done) so up and down so I wonder if I just injured my leg a little. I have been on steroids so I gained like 10 pounds overnight which can be easy on my around not so skinny body. Tylenol/Advil just doesn't seem to cut it but feels good when I am in the water. I wonder if that would be the best exercise? I tried water classes at the YMCA before but the stretching of my arm where they took the nodes but I will do anything to get rid of this achy feeling.....mainly cause it freaks me out that cancer is literally running up and down my leg (crazy vision). I have scans here in a month if it's worse I guess I will know but for now I just want to not feel like I am limping around!!! Any thoughts?

Comments

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Bone pain
    I too have been recently diagnosed with bone mets. I'm very sorry to hear that you are. Sometimes when I bump or over do and cause strain to areas that have mets, it seems to be more painful for a few days to a week or more. I did have steroid injections in both hips for bursitis which has helped incredibly. Who knows if the bursitis was caused by the nearby lesions or plain strain from walking "funny" because of the pain in my legs. I would take it easy for a few days and treat it like an injury. Rest, ice, elevation maybe. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory, so it may help.
    I am not doing any chemo for the recurrence, just Femara and Zometa. I would be interested in what your treatment is. Currently I'm listening to everything to see what the options are. Anything to keep this thing at bay!
    Good luck!
    Deborah
  • stayingstrongfortoday
    stayingstrongfortoday Member Posts: 116
    Options

Bone pain
    I too have been recently diagnosed with bone mets. I'm very sorry to hear that you are. Sometimes when I bump or over do and cause strain to areas that have mets, it seems to be more painful for a few days to a week or more. I did have steroid injections in both hips for bursitis which has helped incredibly. Who knows if the bursitis was caused by the nearby lesions or plain strain from walking "funny" because of the pain in my legs. I would take it easy for a few days and treat it like an injury. Rest, ice, elevation maybe. Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory, so it may help.
    I am not doing any chemo for the recurrence, just Femara and Zometa. I would be interested in what your treatment is. Currently I'm listening to everything to see what the options are. Anything to keep this thing at bay!
    Good luck!
    Deborah

treatments
    I do zometa too and zoladex (shot in tummy for hormones). I did rads on the bone and it helped a lot. I did herceptin cause I am HER 2+ and next month I am starting a new drug in St.Louis it's a clincal trial. I also learned in May I had a few nodules in my brain, I just finished radiation for that and am weaning off steriods. I did not get sick from the rads to head just lost my hair and it was a total fluke I had an MRI and found it so I feel fortunate. My doctor gave me Doxil and for a week after I kept seeing this flashing light and then it went away, actually the Nurse practioner said "let's be safe and look at your head I am sure it's nothing" the Oncologist was ticked almost canceled it but darn it if there weren't some cells there....that's when I say "God ordered that test" :) I am taking it easy today. One problem as I am weaning off the steroids I think I forgot to take it yesterday and that could be why I feel like crud today and I am sure that I am just overdoing on my leg. I have been cleaning and climbing on chairs and up and down fromt he floor so today is a complete chill and rest day. Best of luck let me know if you hear of any good treatments. If you want to know about the clinical I would be happy to email you about it but I am not sure if you are HER2+.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    I don't have any info to
    I don't have any info to give you, but, wanted you to know that I am praying for you.

Kylez