First Taxol/Herceptin combo yesterday

Options
ldpettit
ldpettit Member Posts: 128
All in all it didn't go too bad. I think I thought about it more than I needed to.

After 4 bags of pre meds, then Taxol and the double dose of Herceptin I thought I would be down for the count. It's now the day after and I feel pretty good with the exception of some swelling still.

I'm hopeful with 11 more of these chemo combos ahead it stays the same.

Any input from anyone else that has had this combo?

Lisa

Comments

• kjrpcb
    kjrpcb Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Taxol/herceptin
    I completed 6 months of Taxol/Hereptin in April. Now I am on herceptin forever one infusionn every three weeks.I had zero issues with chemo. No nausea, mild fatigue, no pain at all. I was able to work full time the entire time. The biggest issue has been the neuropathy in my hands and feet which can be problematic at times and the weight gain asscociated with the steroids. Good luck
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    kjrpcb said:

Taxol/herceptin
    I completed 6 months of Taxol/Hereptin in April. Now I am on herceptin forever one infusionn every three weeks.I had zero issues with chemo. No nausea, mild fatigue, no pain at all. I was able to work full time the entire time. The biggest issue has been the neuropathy in my hands and feet which can be problematic at times and the weight gain asscociated with the steroids. Good luck

Lisa
    This is really good to hear and I hope it continues to be "easy" for you. I always had my infusions on Fridays and it wasn't until Sunday that I would feel like I'd been hit by a Mack truck, but that passed in 24-36 hours and I always considered it do-able. I too worked through all of my treatments and am still working even though I'm currently on my 4th chemo drug (since 2-26-11). Before you know it, your treatment will be over and it will be nothing more than a memory!

Best wishes as you continue your fight.
    Marsha
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Lisa,
    I'm happy that it was so much better than you anticipated. I hope it continues to go well for you.

Sue
  • ldpettit
    ldpettit Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Thank you all. By Saturday
    Thank you all. By Saturday and Sunday I started to feel stabbing pains in the area of my ovaries and my pelvic area. Not sure why and today it isn't as bad.

The swelling is still there and I'm sure with each treatment (now weekly) and the steroids... it won't get much better. Plus the weight gain. BLECH!

All in all I can't complain SO much better than being on the A/C combo. Praise God!